close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Info needed on my LiL lure.

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Anth, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Ok I have a Heddon. Tiny Crazy Crawler. I can find all the info i want on it but what I realey want to know is what year it was made.

I will have pic's of it up soon...!

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

here's your pic anth
    [​IMG]

3. I don't know when they started making them but I can recall fishing with them around 60 years ago. Never liked them as much as the Jitter Bug.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

quick search i found this page the lure was first made in 1939 take a look at this page and i would guess this guy could tell you anything need to know.

http://www.enter.net/~husselman/cc.html

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Is it wood or plastic? The first one were wooden. Later they went to plastic. I have 5 different ones. Some small some large. Also have jitterbugs, hula poppers and bass o-renos that are all wooden. I know some are at least from 1930's as my grandfather used them.

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

pic 2 for you anth
    [​IMG]

7. It's a plastic one. The eyes are a cream color,not yellow (unless wear and tear made them more cream than yellow). The wings are held in place with a pin. From the site F4F gave me i would guess it's a 9120. so that means it may have been made as early as 1956, 1957.

Hmm. it says ''a general rule is that Heddon lures had a larger pupil and the later Pradco lures had a smaller more well defined pupil.''
    If i go with the eyes Pradco made it?