close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Inflatable pontoon boats

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cheezemm2, Aug 27, 2004.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Well, I wanna get out on the water, especially Hoover and possibly bigger stretches of the darby creek and maybe even the olentangy...but this question concerns the use of those inflatable pontoon floats that you sit on top of. Has anyone tried one, is it worth it? Are they allowed on local waters around here? Let me know what you guys think...If anyone has used one, the biggest concerns I'd have are tipping(don't wanna lose the gear) and how this thing handles in the wind...thank you

Jim

2. Never seen one before. Got a pic or a web site to seen one ? Thanks.......Rich

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

you will need registration numbers. i have never used one , but i did have one of those plastic bass boats and it was safe as long as you the wind was calm, wouldn't want to be in it when the wind suddenly picked up.the pontoons would prolly be safer in a little chop.

4. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

I have an unregistered float tube where you are about half in half out of the water and I dont think it is necessary to register it. Of course in a float tube you kick yourself so its all in what the individual can handle. If you are like da king then you better forget it, if you are like me then you can go for hours!

5. you would prefer the feeling of being on the water rather than in the water. :p :D :D :D

6. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Hey Richs63, if you go to Walmart.com you can see a selection of em' on there in the sports section.... they're pretty cool actually... or Cabela's does them too

7. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'