close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indy 500

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Old Graybeard, May 29, 2005.

1. Hats off to Danica Patrick. She proved she can run with the fast guys. And she's pretty easy on the eyes to boot. Too bad she plugged that motor in the pits, not to mention loosing the front wing.

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I take it she didn't win. Who did?

I was busy fishing, grilling steaks and helping a friend move yesterday.

3. I'm with ya on that one Graybeard. And someone needs to tell Wreckless Robbie Gordon to give it up in Nextel Cup. Did you happen to read any of his comments about Danica Patrick?

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

do you thinkrobby gordon is right?.That she has an unfair advatage because of her weight??,,I say just add some weight to her car if thats the case.

5. I will start this off by saying that I may be the farthest thing from a race fan.:D But it seems so ridiculous that someone would say she has an unfair advantage at her weight. If that were the case would the prototype racer be more like a the jockeys? I don't know the size on most of the guys but they look pretty average build/size to me. And if they were to make a decision that she had an unfair advantage what weight should be added? It seems to me that you would have to take the heaviest racer in the group and add to every person to get to his weight.;) It sounds to me like some insecure guy(s) were trying to come up with an excuse for losing to her.:rolleyes:

6. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Robby Gordon has always been a Cry Baby anyway................He sucks

7. I agree with Thresher on Robbie he couldnt drive a champ car cant drive a nascar but he sure is a champion whiner
    The only thing he could drive is the Baja stuff out on the desert
    Danica has a great future ahead of her she can drive which she proved at the Brick Yard this past month
    Too bad Danica didnt win then the IRL and Tony George could have had a real girls league
    Indy Hasnt been the same since 1995 but this year was one of the better races maybe the past is finally fading away
    Bring on the CHAMP cars !!!!!!!!! They'll be rockin Cleveland real soon !!!!!!!!!!
    geowol

8. Lewzer: No, Danica didn't win. She came in fourth. But she got about as close to winning as a rookie driver could ever expect to get ,without winning!
    A young, 26 year old english kid by the name of Wheldon actually won it. Seemed like a nice kid.
    You guys are all right about the weight difference. That's all about a bunch of whinning , insecure, (don't want to get beat by a girl) drivers. IRL ought to tell those drivers to zip it about the weight issue because if they ALLOW female drivers then everything else is a none issue.

Lewzer, I don't normally fish on weekends. Too many boats on the water and too much commotion for me at the ramps. That way I get to watch some sports.

9. she whould have won it I belvie if she didn't have those two mistakes and run out of gass on the last lap

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Thanks Graybeard,

I wouldn't fish Mosquito on weekends either. Too many tournaments and pleasure people.
    Someday when I'm retired I'll probably be the same as you.
    The Ohio River and small electric only lakes are a good choices for Memorial Day weekend or any other weekend.