close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indoor water park in Sandusky instead of Disney World?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AndroDoug, Mar 4, 2005.

1. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I need to know the name of an indoor water park that I think is located in Sandusky or nearby. I have heard it advertised once or twice in the past, and need some info.

My little girl, who is 6, is having surgery on Mar 15th to have her tonsils and adnoids out. The problem is, now her mother and 2 sisters (ages 7 and 2), along with her mother's husband, have an opportunity to go to Disney World in Florida for spring break. They are all going to go on the 20th through the 26th.

The doctors said my girl absolutely CANNOT go as it would only be 5 days after the surgery. Kids need at least 7-10 days to heal to be safe in order to do something that big. Well, needless to say, my daughter is heart broken and her older sister is bragging about how she is going to disney world and my daughter isn't. (God I hate exes! Why would she do this to me when she knows our daughter can't go?)

I am NOT delaying the surgery, so I guess I am the bad guy now. To make it up to her, I was thinking of taking her to the water park and other indoor attractions nearby, during the week after she heals (while her sisters and mother are at Disney). To make it more "vacation-like", I might rent a room overnight. I know it is not the same, but I think it might work! She still would have fun.

Can someone point me in the right direction? What other activities might be fun for a single Dad and daughter in the area, that can be done in mid March? What hotels might be a good bet?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

2. Minor

Minor Wannabe Fisherman

3. My 12 year old daughter was just at Great Bear Lodge in Sandusky and it is all she has been talking about for a week. I do not know the link or number but it has rooms and indoor year round water park. Hope it helps.

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Ask, and ye shall receive! :) I guess that is what I was looking for, thanks Minor. I knew I had heard one was up there. There are 2, I see!

The one affiliated with Cedar Point has heighth requirements that are too tall for her. It also seems too commercial and busy compared to the Great wolf lodge. They also let in the general public, whereas the Lodge's waterpark is only for it's guests. It may be a little pricey, but I am willing to spend a few extra bucks to get a private, top notch stay. Looks like a nice place (to spend alot of money :rolleyes: )!

That's it. I am going to the Great Wolf Lodge sometime that week for overnight, depending on my daughter's recovery that is. Thanks again!

5. That surgery can prob wait it was 10 days to go when made this post...
    I'd let her go and have the surgery after she returns...