close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

indoor archery range

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by ajsgonefishin, Oct 10, 2005.

1. i was just wondering if you guys could let me know of a few places that has an indoor archery range.. i need to get my Xbow sighted in so i can finally get in the woods and take a deer with it...
    thanks
    alan ferrell jr

2. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

dont know about indoor, but delaware has an excellent range!! it has standard target, broadhead, and lifelike shooting scenario course.

3. Where abouts are you from? I know Tackle Shack here in Troy has an indoor range BUT I don't know if they will allow crossbows. I still just take mine out behind the barn with the block and sight her in

4. american sportsmen in columbia station if you live in north east ohio.

5. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Your not going to find one that will allow you to shoot a cross bow inside. Best thing is to head to Delaware.

6. bobk

bobk

Fairfield Outdoors in Lancaster will let you shoot a crossbow.

7. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I know this may seem naive, but why would they not let him shoot a crossbow indoors? Philosophical differences? I'm corn-fused.

8. I wondered the same thing.

9. From what I remember when shooting my old crossbow it seemed to zip through the targets more so than a compound bow did. Maybe that's just because the bolts were making such tight groups?

10. Mine does not really drive them any deeper than my compound bow because of the weight factor. And if someone wanted to hammer tight groups its his/her arrows getting sacrificed. Maybe it has something to do with the risk of inadvertently firing it. That would seem to be the same risk factor as a gun range though.:confused:

11. I honestly have no idea, but my guess would be the safety factor. Compound bows are more powerful than crossbows, so that's out. A compound or longbow is only drawn when facing the target. A loaded crossbow could be pointed anywhere, accidently. Again, just a guess.

12. DrZ

DrZ

It may be a safety issue dictated by an insurance policy not the range its self. That kind of stuff happens all the time.