close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indianapolis 500. Anyone else going?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tpet96, May 28, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I'll be heading out tomorrow morning for the Indy 500 on Sunday. We have a campsite booked at the track. Not sure which lot yet though. LOL. Friends have all the info. If anyone is going up tomorrow, and are camping there, let me know. Perhaps we can trade up cell numbers and meet up to shoot the bull or something.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

have a blast dood..eat some beer and drink some brats for me.. :D :p
    oh..and don't get into any trouble up there.. :cool:

3. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

What, they got carp there? lol Went to the time trials there once and saw more t&a, s*x, drugs... whew those were the days. Have a good time.

BIll

4. not enough water there for me ;)

5. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Nope but I will be hitting the Little 500 in Anderson IN on Saturday and a USAC/ALMS race at Eldora on Sunday. My attention span is too short for those really long races, hope you have fun because I know I will.

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Miso,

We'll be making a trip to Eldora sometime in the future :) Perhaps we can get carpless out for that weekend as well :D

7. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Going to try to make it next year. I went to the race in '99, I only regret that I didn't camp out the night before.

All I got to see was the aftermath. :eek:

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Holy moley I was in Indy on Friday and that place is a mad house, drive safe Shawn!

9. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Man.......a great time. Too tired to post much more. LOL. Got caught up in one of the tornado's out there on the way home. Not fun at all gang. That's my 4th' one I've been through.......but definately the closest. Not something I want to do again anytime soon.

10. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Edit: Read your post in another thread.. Have any more pictures to share??

Glad everyone is alright, I wanted to go storm chasing tonight as we has a couple tornado warnings around, but the kids wouldn't let me.

I really think I need to move to Oklahoma or Kansas to be a full time storm chaser...I can't seem to help myself. :cool:

11. catking

catking Banned

The race officials made a bad call yesterday. I turned on the TV at 11:30 am, and the race was postponed due to the rain. Fine with that. What I'm not fine with is after the track was dried, it still took them 2 hours to get the cars out and start the race. Some were questioning their judgement. I say the hec with all the hoopla surrounding this event, when a rain front is 80 miles away, and they knew it. They knew it was going to be a shortened race, and shame on them for not putting a little effort into speeding up the process. They didn't do this at all. I know half the attraction is the surrounding events, but when there is a big chance of cancellation, they have to get into gear and get this race going.There were people on the track over an hour after the cars were set. :mad: :mad: CATKING