close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indiana CAGI

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by TimJC, Jun 13, 2004.

1. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Alright, it's less than two weeks away now. Who is going to be hitting the Indiana venue for the CAG Invitational?

I've got that weekend off work, but I'm supposed to be at a mandatory meeting on saturday morning, so I'm kinda between a rock and a hard place. At this point I'm thinking of just blowing the meeting off and heading to Indiana.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

you know my opinion on this tim.. ;) i am 50% sure myself..

3. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

I was going to try and make it but it is looking now like a big no. I am thinking about a career change, and to test the waters I have got a decent party to do for Red White and Boom downtown. That will be the last weekend before this event to do some preping for it.

This event sounded like a lot of fun, I really wanted to go since I will be missing the tappan lake get together next weekend. I hope there will be a heavy Ohio presence at this event, we gotta show those Hoosiers that us Ohio guys do know how to fish for the elusive Bugle Mouth bass.

4. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I have to plan a trip over to West Side Tackle in the next week or so also. Ak, do you happen to recall the hours for this place?

5. I really wanted to make it out there...but i've already got enough planned for June. I don't think i can squeeze another trip in.

6. Is it still at Lake Salinda? As of two weeks ago it was uncertain. And an alternate venue wasn't named.

7. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

It is definitely on for Salinda. Gilbert Huxley just posted the info HERE.

8. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Mike,

I sent you an email with the reservations that I made at the

Comfort Inn
    111 Enterprise Way
    Sellersburg
    IN
    USA
    Phone: (812) 246-1200 Fax: (812) 246-5948

The event is definately going to be held at Salinda. Let me know if you are going to make reservations there. T he chick and I will be pulling in Friday early evening, and staying through Sunday morning.

9. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

they have a dam rip,and they only drop the water
    5ft??? :D how much more will be let out in the
    next 2 weeks?

10. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

The ACOE said they were dropping it 5' total. No more.........no less.

11. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

As long and the bank space isn't muddy and atrocious then I'll be there. I am not going because there is a potential for 30s (though that would be nice). I am going because it is a national CAG event with a chance to meet new people, get new ideas, and possibly get some national CAG recognition in the tourney.

12. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I think you said it all for most of us Tim :) If I wanted a 30, I'd be fishing Erie ;)

13. catking

catking Banned

I wish you all the best of luck !!! Heck, my work schedule isn't that bad right now. I might even take a ride over. I'll see............ GOOD LUCK GUYS !!! THE CATKING !!! :)

14. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I just got back from a trip to West Side Tackle in Indy. They have about an eight foot section of carp stuff. Most of it is stuff that Paul sellers. The only X2 products I saw were rig and spool pouches, and some other small pouch that I can't recall. The guy at the counter didn't have any idea what was going on with the ordering of carp products so I have no ETA.

Also don't expect to get out of state licenses there unless you only want a one day pass.

15. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

Good looking out on the report,Tim.thanks.

16. crappielooker

yeah tim..half of those guys who works in there don't know much about carp gear..the guy you want to talk to is the owner himself...the stuff should be in their store soon..from what i heard its in chicago waiting to get thru customs.. :( who knows how long that will take..they promised me that it will be in by the CAGI..
    BTW, i will be campin it down there ..

17. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I did overhear a conversation about packbait while I was there. maybe the Indy boys hang out there.

18. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Final Roll call for this event.

I will be leaving at 3:15a and hope to be there before 6:30a. This is going to be another long haul one day trip, but it should be worth it. Now I need to get off my lazy ass and make some bait so I may have a chance...

19. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Tim,

Getting ready to walk out the door in just a few to head over. Should be a fun weekend. Just got off the phone with Ak. The lake looks AWESOME....but there is a little bit of mud along the shorelines. Shouldn't be a problem though. He said to bring boots or old shoes......I plan to go barefooted if needed :D I'd say a piece of carpet or cardbaord will do just fine if needed.

20. crappielooker

it sucks that my cell phone doesn't work down here.. just got back from fishing a lake nearby here call elkcreek lake..saw bunch or fish splashing around..but no takers..talked to a couple locals and they said to also give patoka lake a try..they both said biig fish there..
    lake salinda itself seems to be muddy or silt bottom..when i was out there checking out the depth for gilbert i found that my sinker was sinking into them pretty good..they are still pumping out the water from the lake as we speak..lots of access spots. that carpet/cardboard idea is great..bring some over..:) .LOTS of people are fishing this lake for cats..the guy i spoke to said he caught a 20lbs channel out of there last week..he was using chicken breast strips marinate in strawberry flavor... thats a nice channel im sure..this town ain't too bad..got mickey D's pizza hut and some other fast food joint..
    see you all down here ..