close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indian Thursday Afternoon Saugeyes Perch

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishslim, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Well finally a fun afternoon at Indian hit one of my pilings areas (bridge):) And jigged up 4 saugeyes 2 about 17-18" and the real treat was jumbo perch. Got 8 11-13" ones and should of got easy 15 of them but could not keep the critters on the hook about the time to lift them out they would pop off!! All hit on jigs and hit hard was slow hopping jig off bottom would hit on fall. Was nicew batches of shad all around with little breeze blowing. About time i have hit my spots over there for last 2 weeks with minor success. Hope to hit it again friday afternoon. Will see what happens. By the way fried up those jumbos tonight was it gooddddddddddddd! Cold one and some hush puppies was heaven!!!:D

2. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

Nice Slim, does this mean I can get my stuff ready? Ill probally have to learn to cast again, its been almost 3 months since I picked up a rod!

Brian

3. Not just yet Sow but man that is coming soon. Can't wait. But tuill then a few of those jumbo perch will keep me happy. Will get with you soon Oshay should be prime under cover if you know what i mean;)

4. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

hey slim...sounds like your still working on your fishing tan.

i lost a nice 4-5lb saugeye @ the boat last night muskie fishing:eek:

5. The tan is in full swing wish the fishing was as good!!:D Sounds good on the saugeye at Alum again? Get any Muskies this time? Have not been in boat much but have a job to do in boat tomorrow for a couple customers gotta put them on some Oshay Crappies for a fish fry!! Going to be hotttttttttttt!!:)

6. Hey Fishslim,
    Do you guide for crappie regularly?? If so I'd like to catch up with you some time!! PM me and we'll go from there. Thanks in advance.:D

7. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Get in line FDog...:p

Slim...no ski's. had one short rip but immediately came lose.

8. Would you mind telling what kind and color of jig you got them on? Have caught perch thru the ice at Indian, but never in soft water. THANKS

9. Hey Buckeye Mike believe it or not on 1/8th ounce jig with 3" green tail fishing bridge area for saugeyes. Mitch your next almost called you friday night but figured you were protecting a band somewhere!!:) I do not guide but you might as well say so have large following waiti ng there turn :D Just might do that one of these days but then it is considered work i just like to play;)

10. Fishslim,
    If you could find the time in your busy schedule of fun fishing, please pencil me in. I'd really enjoy the time and the education. Just let me know when and where, and thanks in advance. I've already been told to get in line. LOL.;)

11. Yea have caught them here around Lima on twisters, but was using 1 1/2, just something about green or chartreuse that fish like.
    Get any crappie on that big twister ?
    How long is it going to be before the saugeye start doing it good ? Have seen alot of your posts that you just KILL the saugeye on that jerk bait. THANKS

12. Buckeye Mike i used to get some of those perch in lima from shore years back they are nice as well. I use a 3" tail 99% of the time for crappies as well. But Indian Lake is a different story those crappies just are bullheaded they want those smaller more thin line style it seems. But anywhere else i use 3" tails for my crappies and they crush them!! Fishdog i will try to hook up sometime with you crappie fishing will only get better as fall come but if you want to just get wore out and do not mind all sizes of crappies from 8-13" then now is the time but it has to be hot and mid-afternoon for them to be biting hot and heavy:p

13. Hey Fish, yea i agree that the Little stuff will catch you more, most places you fish for crappie, but somedays they just like being a hog, and size don't matter, and that just makes it more fun.
    You never did say what brigde you got them off of, but i can quess.

14. Was that off dream bridge ? I'm going to start hitting IL hard this fall....One yellow cat and one dink crappie is all I have to Claim on that lake this year !

I'm guessing your south of dream bridge in 12 foot of water or so ?

15. Guys caught from shore and no not dreambridge it is a little bridge in a channel! :) Water was 3-5 foot deep.