Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catfish_Chaser and myself are looking at starting up a Lake catfish tourney trail that will fish 2 events at each of the 4 lakes above.
Will be $50 per 2 man team (shore or boat)
5 fish limits,
At indian only, will allow Flatheads otherwise channels only.
Early and late will be day tourneys and summer ones will be evening hrs.

If all goes well may include other lakes but for now trying to get a core group of guys built up.

Open to suggestions at this point from those who may be fishing them.
Anyone with thoughts or ideas please respond.

Salmonid

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also looking at either 6 or 7 hr events and 100% payback from entry fees.

Salmonid

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hope this all works out. My buddy and I would definitely try to fish them all. Been waiting for indian to finally have some regular cat tournaments plenty of cats in there. Sounds like it be a really good little circuit. Keep us posted hope there is enough interest.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fishguy, we all agree a youth event would be great but until we have a handful of young ones start showing up regularly, we wont do it, but what we are doing is allowing 3 person teams as long as 1 of the entrants is under 16 ( still limited to 4 rods between the group and still same entry,) trying to encourage folks with kids to come teach them the finer points of conservation minded catfishing.

I agree we should be able to drum up some locals from the Indian lake crowd and hopefully get some of them to make the drive to Loramie and CJB.

To start with each tourney will be an OPEN format with no club fees or points associated with them to encourage as many new teams as possible to fish, things may change down the road but for now, that's the plan.

Salmonid

·
Larry Lange
331 Posts
depending on when and If my schedule allows it I'm in.

Larry

·
cprcatfish.com
663 Posts
I'm in sounds like a good time I hope you get it up and running if you want or need any help let me know I work every other weekend so I'm sure I can make a few at least

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we might throw one together this fall but planning on making a go of it for next year. Again still working out some kinks on our end before we go 100% in still have to talk to some more people and such

Curtis are you still going to GLSM on the 17th?

Salmonid

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
What the heck, it's been a while but I'd be in at least when availability calls for it. Maybe this would be the chance Mark to have the "club" atmosphere that we initially had w/ SWOCC a few years back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts