Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't going to post as the day was very cold and windy. EE and I went over to Indian in the am and fished below and above at different locations. Caught a couple with EE catching one a little bigger than me, so of course I have to give him his credit.
However, probably the most interesting event happened when he landed a fish and within 30 seconds a guy and his son hop out of the car and fish within 12 inches of him. There was not another person besides myself in the entire channel and he kept snagging up with EE. It was pretty disgusting to say the least, however we just kind've laughed and kept fishing as unfortunate as it has become this is the way it is there.
The best part was when the guy decided to come on my side and cast where I was, I had to give him some bad news and let him know that I hadn't caught anything there.
As we left the only real thought we had was that he wasn't teaching the younger boy how to fish... and EE pointed out the words flying out of his mouth weren't as appropriate either.
All in all cold morning and full of wind. The water was raging below the dam.
ying
PS... if you find a reel handle it's EE's... LOL..

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had a kid smother me most of the day yesterday. I say kid...he was about 16. I guess he got pretty frustrated because I caught 4 dandies to his zero. As soon as I'd catch one, he'd move right in. I'd move, catch another one, then here he'd come. Very funny. He was very friendly and talkative, so I didn't mind so much. Plus, I had a very good day...which made me a little more tolerant.

Here's the fish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buckeyejonesfamily/

·
Senior Executive Member
1,285 Posts
where exactly is the spillway @ Indian?

I'm looking at this map and it doesn't seem obvious to me. I see moundwood channel, but not the spillway. doh.

I am thinking of heading up this afternoon. thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I actually got mine at Grand. The females weren't carrying eggs like they were just a few weeks ago. I don't know how much longer this will last.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lakeview road or Lakeside road, can't remember.
Does not look like anything special, you can drive right past it if you don't know the lake, but you will see the river on the other side of the road...
I am sure a local can help you.
ying

·
Senior Executive Member
1,285 Posts
Pigsticker helped me out! I made it up there yesterday for a short time. ended up with 4 'eyes under 16". they all went back.

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts

·
Senior Executive Member
1,285 Posts
I did! it wasn't too clear where the spillway was though, unlike say, Deer Creek, which has a comparatively larger dam which is easily identified on a map ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts