close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indian Point Park

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by AnthHol, Jul 24, 2007.

1. New to the site and was just wondering if anyone has been to or heard anything of Indian Point recently I searched the threads and didnt see anything too recent. I'm looking to head somewhere i havent been on thursday and i've heard decent things about it. Any other suggestions would be helpful and welcome.

Thanks

2. Never heard of it. What county ?

3. Is this the place on the Grand River near Vrooman Rd?

4. Yes, it is the park off of Vrooman road down the hill from Rte 84 and across the bridge. Turn left onto Seely road and it takes you back into the park. There is a smaller stream that I can't remember the name of (Payne Creek, I think) that feeds into the Grand. I've been back there a handful of times, but not recently. It opens into quite a wide area with some pools and riffles. I know there was some damage back there from the flood last year and I don't know the condition of the park at present, but it is open. The park is small to begin with and I've never seen many people back there at any given time.

5. If the big rivers are blown out during steelie season we will sometimes check this place for cleaner water, because the small stream is a feeder creek for the grand it will sometimes have cleaner water and fish. Keep this in mind it will not be long till the temps drop and the steel come in!:D

6. Guessing the water will be pretty low back in there mid summer. Fished the Grand in that area couple yrs back...a few bass.