Indian now?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Gobi Muncher, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

I am assuming that by the way most waterways look that the spillway is up into the parking lot. Anyone up that way or heard about it?
    Also, if possible, would like to know about Moundwood. Anyone know if it opened up to the silt trap so as to get a boat out there this weekend.
    I also have tomorrow off and am trying to decide between DeerCreek or Indian.
    Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Was down there yesterday, Moundwood is open the the lake, boat ramps are ice free, and water at the spillway was almost up to the parking lot, but it might be up to the road by now.

3. chrsvic

chrsvic Biggest Member

If you can believe it, we're forecast to get weather in the single digits Sat/Sun night, so the lake might ice over again!

4. Gobi Muncher

Thanks guys!!! Don't know where I will go but will report Friday.

5. i don't think it's going to matter how cold it gets, that lake is not going to ice back over anytime soon, the water levels & currents are way up and not only that they are way up with extrememly warm rain water, going to take one hell of a looooong freeze to cool that water down enough to where it will ice over again with safe ice

6. chrsvic

chrsvic Biggest Member

I think it might make enough ice to mess with guys trying to launch boats, and not near enough for ice fishing. I can only image what the spillway would look like all the rain.

7. indianlake.com is reporting that the lake is higher than it has been in 20 years with extensive flooding in low areas. Upper sandusky which is not that far away reported more than 5 inches of rain with this last storm. Give it awhile and Im sure the snaggers will be out in full force at the spillway.

8. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Water coming over the spillway is a foot or two from the top

9. Gobi Muncher

Thanks again fellas. Didn't make it out anywhere yesterday, went rabbit hunting. Anyway, may try to take a look at it Sun or early next week.

10. How is the spillway looking. Water down? Don't wanna waste 2 hrs drive if I cant even fish!

thanks.

11. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I haven;t looked at it for awhile. There was a article in last nights newspaper showing them evacuating people with a boat from their homes because of the high water. I would guess its still up and rolling