Indian Lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by a1deerhunter, Mar 22, 2008.

1. a1deerhunter

a1deerhunter Jurrasic Member

Is Indian Lake worth a two hour trip to fish from the bank?

2. CamdenGizzard

CamdenGizzard Elroderator

yes go to dreambridge

3. Gone Fission

Gone Fission Ancient Member

If you get your motor running we won't have to fish from the bank.

4. Haven’t been Indian Lake in several years, and that was in the fall. Hope to put the boat in the water in the next week or so … any info on spring conditions will be appreciated

5. JPfishing

JPfishing go fishing

Last time i fished off the bank at indian, was for saugeye 2 years ago. Brought 7 of them in of great sizes. Smithwick blue back suspended bait. Worked great.

6. a1deerhunter

7. I live 20min from the lake and fish it all the time, but my opinion is it's not even worth a 20 min drive more less a 2 hour drive if you have to fish from the bank. But at the same time, I've done great from the bank myself.

Gas at over $3 a gallon, ain't no fish worth a 2 hour drive unless you talk to someone who says they are jumpin in the bucket for ya.

8. as soon as this water gets down you can catch them alot closer to home, a two hour drive is a long way to catch fish that you can catch ten minutes away

9. a1deerhunter

Hey gone you can't talk to me like that!

10. Just talked with a couple diff. sources which say the bite below the spillway is doing pretty well. I have not personally witnessed this,but giving it a shot tomorrow. the water in the river has come down a good bit, and have been told the saugs are picking up. good luck!

11. The crappie at Indian were ok last year the big change was the channel cats. They were big and there were a lot of em. I only fish from the bank in 2 places and it takes me an hour to get their. If your going to driver 2 hrs, make it a weekend and stay at one of the camp grounds.

The lake has greatly improved since they spent the past few years dredging the lake, St. Marys on the other hand dont bother with it.

12. a1deerhunter

Thats what the plan is. Get there early Sat. leave Sun. late afternoon. Thanks for all your input.

13. hows indian looking are the bass hitting yet