close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indian Lake

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crappie catcher, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Just wandering if the crappie or saugeye are biting in the lake yet. Might head down there on friday. Any help would be appreiciated. Thanks

2. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Last week the Crappie were on fire! Pad beds back in the reserve were giving up many 10" ers and up. Seemed at times we would be hauling them in, then slow, then on again. I was there Thurs., Fri., and Sat. Saturday was the slowest, but if you found a pod of 'em, then it was on!

3. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

My buddie also did well last week, nice 9" fish with an occasional slab. Also brought in about 5 eyes in 2 days, and was not targeting them at all.

4. la2ohio

la2ohio L.A.2Ohio

Where do you guys recommend launching out of? Coming from Marysville and have never fished this lake before. Also, where should I start fishing for the crappies and saugeyes and what should I throw? Are there any bass being caught, if so, what is the best place to fish for them? Any info. that you can give up will be much appreciated as I will be guiding my brother, visiting from California and he would like to catch a decent saugeye.

Thanks in advance,
    William (la2ohio) :)

5. Hey guys thanks for the reports. I am going down there tommorrow and saturday. Will post how i did when i get done. And again thanks for the info.

6. Gobi Muncher

la2Ohio,
    I like to launch from Blackhawk. It is protected and has plenty of room, especially now that all the boats aren't in yet. For any info you might need, you NEED to stop by Mike's bait shop. From Marysville, get off 33 at Rte. 117 and head North, take a left at 235. Down a couple of miles, look for Mike's bait shop on the left (just after the IGA market). He will definitely give you good advice, and anything else you will need to make your day a great one. I think he opens at 7. Blackhawk is not too far from there, and Mike can give you the directions.
    We may be there tomorrow as well. Good Luck!

7. just got back for the lake besides the rain we did fairly well. We caught a total of 15 fish. 14 crappie smallest was 10 and largest was 13 inches and also caught 1 perch and it went 13 inches. We will be heading back down in the morning and i will post how we did.

8. Crappies arn't realy my favorite fish to catch but had a blast catching them yesterday. I was breaking in a new boat putting hours on engine and took a crappie pole with me. Only put maybe 1 hour on motor rest of my time I was wearing the crappies out. Long Island area in pad beds - Also North fork area same thing in the pad beds. Be extra carful down here this spring LOTS OF FLOATING DEBRIS DOWN HERE FROM ICE STORM many floating logs looking for a lower unit to bite. Good Luck

9. Saturday......... just got back and only got 3 crappie this mornig all were about 10 iches. Alot of boat traffic this morning. Atleast it didn't rain but in all it was nice being out.

10. Saturday was slow for me as well...Only caught 2 crappie, but size wasn't bad, 11" and 13"

Fished from about 10:30 - 3:30....lots and lots and lots of boats.

Brad

11. itroll2

itroll2 fishin IS heaven on earth

I was just wondering if anybody could tip me to the crappie bite in the pads. was the bite on jigs or minnows with float, or what ?? this Wed. will be my 1st outing this year in the boat. all replies appreciated. p.s. a nice eye would be ok also. dream or lakeview??

12. Gobi Muncher

Itroll2,
    Can't speak for the others, but we were using small jigs (1/32) under the smallest float you could get away with set about 20-24" down. Sometimes tipping with a wax worm but when they turned on you didn't need the live bait. Chartruese seemed the color of choice, but some were caught on other colors as well. Start with the Chartruese and go from there. Had to move around to find them, don't know about now. My bet would be that the whole lake is muddy from all the rain yesterday (although they may not have gotten as much up North). Don't know about the eyes, we didn't try for them too much. We fished Northfork, Long Island, and the reserve with the reserve being the best bite for us.

13. itroll2

thanks 4 reply Gobi. you are reading my mind. so excited to get a day off during the week to go I forgot to ask HOW MUDDY?? thought about that 2day driving home from work. went straight 2 the puter. hopefully some one will post back some time today so i know if i should make the trip. gas is not so cheap these days. again, thanks a lot. good fishing.

14. My grandfather was there today, I'll have some results to post this evening. Him and his retired freinds are driving me crazy with all the fishing they get to do while I sit in class.

Brad

15. itroll2

hey thanks BradU20. i will be checking back for the update

16. Grandfather fished Tuesday-
    He says "Water in lake muddy due to wind on Monday and runoff. First 3 hours only three in north channels...then at about 4 PM found a hot tree that we got maybe 50 gills and crappie mix, but a mix of small ones and keepers."

Brad

17. i fished over the good friday weekend back in the game reserve and caught 15 friday and 6 on saturday and all was over ten inches. We were using minnows about 24" deep.

18. Anyword on the lake?