close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indian Lake water temp.

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Buckeye Mike, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Read in the Lima News yesterday, 7-18, in an article by Bob Acheson, and he said that the water temp at IL has jumbed from 73 last Saturday 7-12, to 85 on Tuesday 7-15.

Has anyone fished IL this week, and is the water that warm ?

2. Fished on Tuesday and then on Thursday. 73/74 on Tuesday and nothing under 83 on Thursday.

3. THANKS for the reply. Kind of hard to believe that the water temp. jumped that much in just a couple of days.

4. Keep in mind that is likely only the surface water temp. I have been out that lake on days when there has been nearly a 10 degree difference between the temp guage mounted on my trolling motor just under the surface and the guage mounted on the back bottom of my hull about a foot and half under the water. The top layer of that water really heats up with a lot of sun.

5. I agree with the differences in temp in the water column. However, I know for a fact that the fish that we were pulling out of 6-8 feet of water were very warm.