Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for posting. Is there any difference in who is doing better-shore fisherman or boaters?
It mostly comes down to who puts in the most time. Not saying guys in top few spots aren't good fisherman but on a 6 week tournament if your not fishing at least 3-4 days a week you really don't stand a chance. Just my opinion

·
Registered
60 Posts
View attachment 478941 Yeah bite was horrible tonight 😂
Nice fish but how many times have you limited this fall compared to others? I haven't fished for probably 9 days but before that it was sloww. Everyone I know was saying the same thing and these are all locals and good fisherman. It shoulda hopefully get better as the weeds die off with colder water temperatures

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Ya clearly hasn't fished the same this fall as the past.
Of coarse there's still plenty of fish being caught as Brandon clearly proved.
I can't tell you how many times I've ran into people at other lakes that normally fish Indian this time of year.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, it is fishing way different than it used to, at least so far. Fish can still be caught and have had a number of double-digit nights already. However, I am struggling to find those consistent hour+ bites that we are used to having on Indian. Fish do not seem to be chasing the big schools of shad through current points and wind blown channels like they used to, at least not yet. Many more fish seem to be scattered on the main lake. They are catchable, but are scattered in the weeds and not roaming. Catch 1 or 2 here and there but rarely a stand in one spot and get 20 fish type of bite. I have had a couple nights of catching 20 fish in a channel in 2 hours, but it has been the exception so far this year.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Also, totally agree on the tournament. I enjoy seeing the standings change and the fish being caught. It is fun to root for my buddies and the many great guys that you meet around the lake. There is a reason the names at the top are the names at the top. These guys are fantastic fishermen, but their odds are much greater due to how much they fish. Yes, you can win this tournament with 1 great night. However, if you fish 7 nights a week compared with 1 or 2 nights a week, the odds of having that great night are 3.5-7x greater to occur, before even taking into account the skill and knowledge of those guys.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Nice fish but how many times have you limited this fall compared to others? I haven't fished for probably 9 days but before that it was sloww. Everyone I know was saying the same thing and these are all locals and good fisherman. It shoulda hopefully get better as the weeds die off with colder water temperatures
It was a complete joke, this was my first limit since June at Indian. Think I got 8 keeper sized last night. I agree with everyone it’s fishing different, I do think the fish are there though.

·
cheeryo
974 Posts
in the past years jerkbaits have been my best bait after dark, I was stubborn the other night and stuck with a smithwick, while my son was hammering them on a joshy, I switched eventually. The Joshy out fished the smithwick 4 to 1. We were using the smallest Joshy's we can find 1/32 jig head, I think the clear water is allowing the fish to see the swimbaits a little better after dark. I got a couple on the 2.75 but not as many as the 2.3 slush.

·
Registered
38 Posts
in the past years jerkbaits have been my best bait after dark, I was stubborn the other night and stuck with a smithwick, while my son was hammering them on a joshy, I switched eventually. The Joshy out fished the smithwick 4 to 1. We were using the smallest Joshy's we can find 1/32 jig head, I think the clear water is allowing the fish to see the swimbaits a little better after dark. I got a couple on the 2.75 but not as many as the 2.3 slush.
I agree, the small swim baits for me have been the ticket all year. Don’t get me wrong, the smithwicks clearly produce but downsizing this year has done me pretty good!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hell yea dude, you have been getting after it! I plan on going up there Sunday evening and beatin the bank. Did pretty good last Sunday, hoping to get a few more when I go.
Grass Terrestrial plant Plant Wood Groundcover
Saturday was a tough bite but I slowly pulled a limit. Oddly I never got a fire bite, just slow and steady with a fish ever 15 minutes or so. 50/50 keepers shorts. Did you make it out? 29 keeper sized saugeye in 4 trips this week!

·
Registered
38 Posts
View attachment 479168 Saturday was a tough bite but I slowly pulled a limit. Oddly I never got a fire bite, just slow and steady with a fish ever 15 minutes or so. 50/50 keepers shorts. Did you make it out? 29 keeper sized saugeye in 4 trips this week!
Actually getting ready to load up the truck and head up that way. Should be there about 430 and plan on working my way around the lake.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts