Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Going up to Indian Lake this weekend to stay at a friends place on Pony Island. I'd like to take my kayak to do a little fishing, but was curious on where all I could park overnight and slip a kayak in? The closest public parking area looked to be the one by Sunset Island and Pew Island. Anyone know if it's an issue to do overnight parking there and to get a kayak in the water at that spot?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
There's a small launching area on long island. Just drive back in there and you'll see a gravel/dirt parking area to the right and a spot to put in a yak,canoe,small boat.Since you're in a yak,there maybe a place on that gravel lot side of that road to put in and make a lot shorter trip to pony island.
Should be no problem for leaving your vehicle there or at pew/cranetown launch. I'm not sure what the parking regulations are.They park all weekend at the bigger launches.

Also a private launch at achesons.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas for the replies. Yeah, we always used to park at that gravel pull off on Long Island but was told we cannot currently (unsure of the reason). Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts