close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indian Lake Help

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishNbutler, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Camping at Indian Lake this w/e. Bank fishing. Am basically a bass guy, but bg and crappie are fine. I have a map of the lake. Can anyone give me a couple of spots to wet a line and have some action. Am from down in Butler County and don't know anything about your lake. I hear it's real shallow, not that that matters, especially from the bank. Looks real nice from the few pictures I've seen and the layout on the map.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hate to waste the 1 1/2 days I have just trying to find a decent spot. We all know how much time it takes to figure out a new place.
    By the way, how is the State Park Campground? We have two sites in the D loop which they say they just put electric into...

2. Dream bridge would be a good place to start, although I do believe it's on the other side of the lake from the camp grounds. I'm not familiar with the latout of camping grounds up there.

3. Blackhawk and across from the Moundwood ranger station in the park are good places to fish, especially off the points in the part or in the channel across from the ranger station if you can stand the boat traffic. Over by the pro bass shop along the south shore is good also from the bank but bluegills would be the retaining walls at blackhawk, but again the boat traffic may be too much.

Blackhawk, hang a left out of the state campgrounds and keep going around the curves about a mile, after the sharp curve look for blackhawk marina and turn left.

Mound wood is a little different about a 5mile drive to the east. Turn right out of the camp ground and keep going until you get to 117, then turn right and follow that till you reach 366 ? (someone help me here) Turn right and follow the curves back then make a right on 368 then follow that round on back and you'll see the ranger/put-in ramp on your left. Cross the little bridge and then turn an immediate left and that is the park.

If you keep going past the ranger station and the bridge for about a mile then you'll come across dreambridge, I think parking is rough though, some please correct me.

Check this out....indianlake.com they have a map of the how park. Not very good qaulity but tells you some places to park and fish.

Here is a good link to the map on the page..http://indianlake.com/locatormap.htm

On the map F6 is moundwound and C3 is blackhawk, C2 is the campground.

I hope this helps.