close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indian lake cats

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Pigsticker, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

I fished the south shore near the ski zone this afternoon and managed 4 channels and 1 prego bluegill. 1 channel was about 3lbs. All caught on crawlers on bottom. All released. Sorry no pics I was solo.

2. WTG PS!! They can put up a fight.

3. We've been hammering them while trolling bombers for saugeye-and they were all females-full of eggs. A 15" channel cat puts up a better fight than a 21" saugeye.

I fillet them up and give them to my mom to pan fry them with cornmeal batter.

4. Hey Kerry you got my number call me if you are at Indian on Thursdays i almost always stop and fish a hour or so for eyes. There were some to be caught in Oldfield this afternoon. I got 4 dinks but guy i know had a 18" and 17" on stinger. When hard blow comes from south look for channel that are getting wind blown into them then before you start fishing wat debris on water and see how it is moving if you find a area where debris is moving back towards the wind you have a hot saugeye spot water is backflushing towards lake and usually holds eyes.

5. Pigsticker

I'll most definetely call if im there on a Thurs again. You know it did cross my mind to go to Blackhawk or Oldfield. I noticed the wind was at my back but I was getting too many bites in the short time I was there to move.

By the way huge carp were rolling right off shore in front of me. Must be spawning also. There are some monsters back in Blackhawk.

I also threw a 1/2 Vibee for awhile and a Beetlespin with a 2" lime twister and a 1/8oz head. I was tipping it also with crawler but couldnt get a nibble that way. I was so lazy that I just took the twister off and put a worm on the Beetlespin and let that sit on the bottom. My cat hooks were back in the car and I didn't feel like going back to get them. Funny thing is I got every fish on the Beetlespin and worm laying on the bottom. They were a good fight on 6lb test and ultralight. I love bottom fishing with ultralight. It makes you more patient and skilled when you get on a huge gamefish.

6. sycamore440

sycamore440 nothing like fishing

glad to hear you had luck over there pigsticker.. I went to indian lake 2 weekends ago and got totally stumped, not even a bite but the lake temp was 85 degrees and im sure that slowed fishing down alot, plenty of boats fishing, didnt see anyone catching. Do you know is the area by the spillway good for saugeye? I was thinking about trolling that area?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  7. Pigsticker

I dont know Sycamore. Ive only fished from a boat at Indian twice and we were bassin'.