close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indian Lake bite?

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by snake69, Jul 31, 2007.

1. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

The vacation is only slightly over 2 wks away....how's the action? Anyone doing any good? Mainly mornings and evenings, or possibly midday? Looking for tips now so I can plan better. Of course, we all know it'll change almost daily, but I'll deal with that then. Anyone got any good coordinates they'd like to share privately? I'll only be there one week this year, so it's not like I'll clean the lake out. On the contrary, it'll probably be the other way around!:eek: Thanks again, in advance......................................................:B

2. snake69

Well, the vacation is only 3 days away. Quite antsy to get to Indian Lake. Anyone wanna give me some GPS coordinates? You can PM me even! I'll be on Tecumseh Island....will probably concentrate alot of efforts on "Old Indian Lake" area. C'mon folks, give me a little insight. I'm sure alot of you fish Indian Lake on a regular basis. Could use a few hints, tricks and/or general areas.

3. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

will be there this weekend also for vacation of sorts. on the south end of the lake, west of russel's point. I'll give you a report when I get back. tbh I am not too optimistic because of all the hot hot hot weather we've been having.

4. If you can find the saugeyes, you'll be lucky. This time of year they are "hiding". I've caught a few in the pads flipping for bass. Everything I catch in the pads is generally 2 1/2 and over, usually no dinks. Water is still a bit too warm. I'm giving it about a month and then hitting it hard for the eyes. Catfish are hitting good right now. Hearing a few reports of crappie, but they'll be sluggish too. The water level is way down. A couple of weeks ago they were having problems with the ramp at Moundwood. A couple of bigger boats had trouble with their trailer wheels slipping off of the slab and into the mud and a couple needed to be towed out. I'm guessing too low on hp for the truck and too heavy of boat. I would put in at Chippewa if I had the choice right now.

5. snake69

I'm coming from Canton (leaving here at 11am- arriving there at about 2pm) and have never been there before. Will be arriving in the afternoon. If anyone would like to give me a heads up, my cell is 330-284-8361. I'll be there for 7 days with no access to the internet....give me a call. Don't know where Chippewa is (yet) but I'll scout it out and be extremely careful before I put in. I have a boathouse with my rental, so won't have to put in and out every day, only if I have to gas up!! That's a big relief.....Thanks to all. Hot water or not, a bad day(or days...like 7 of them) of fishing will always beat the best day(days?) of work!!!