close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indian Lake 5/20-5/21 with pics!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bassnpro1, May 25, 2004.

1. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Sorry this is late, but life has been crazy. I figured you guys would want to see some pics anyways! :D I went to Indian Lake last Thursday evening and friday morning before Tera and I had to get back to OSU for class. Her grandparents rent a place for a week and we visited. We were stuck on shore and I caught 3 bass and 2 saugeyes on thursday evening. One saugeye was about 16", the other was small. Shad raps and Wally Divers were what caught them. Lost a few since I was on shore, that is always expensive Tera didn't get anything, but still came out with me early Friday morning to see what we could get. She got a small 'eye pretty quick, then a small bass, then a nice crappie, and before I knew it it was 3-0 Tera But I made a comeback once I got a rattletrap on and managed to hook into 3 small bass that all managed to get off as I tried to swing them out of the water, so of course they didn't count. I claimed I was just releasing them the easy way :eek: I managed to get two saugeyes on the 'trap, one was 15" the other was small. I kept the 15" and the 16" for dinner and all the other fish were released.
    My largest bass of the trip Thursday evening
    [​IMG]
    A small 'eye that was released for ray to catch again!
    [​IMG]
    The ugliest bass I have ever seen, the thing has no nose! really strange with its mouth closed
    [​IMG]
    Tera with a smalle 'eye that was also released
    [​IMG]
    Tera with a Largemouth. It was funny because she tried to release like I do by gently laying it in the water and letting it swim off, but it gave one swoosh with its tail and sent water all up in her face and shirt!! too funny
    [​IMG]
    Tera with a nice crappie
    [​IMG]
    One of the two saugeyes that I kept for a dinner.
    [​IMG]

2. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Thats awsome, loads of fun.

I have been wanting to venture up there, heard there is good fishing. Never been so I am not sure of the "spots", or bait shops or anything els.

This is a big boost of confidence for me, I will make it up there now!

3. Way to go. Good day on the water. Nice to see you released them for another day.
    Whitebass

4. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Nice pics!..thanks!

5. WINNER

WINNER I hate Cleveland.

Thanks for the release! ;)
    Sincerely,
    Fish

6. catking

catking Banned

Looks like you and Tera get around the state alot.....Every week you young ones are fishin a diffrent area. That's GREAT !! THE CATKING !!! :)

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Way to go Buddy. I bet you didn't get snagged much either :D Just a little side joke. Nice job.

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

nice fish, and pics!