Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't been out in quite a while but hit Indian Lake with Enoneye on Saturday. Got there before sunup and it was a good thing because the bite was slow then and died completely after that. I did finally manage my first Fish Ohio crappie though! Right at 13" and FAT as could be. Got it on a big minnow about 30" deep. Ended up with 4 nice keepers and then it was over. Couple on minnows, one on a beetle spin, and one on a small Bomber.

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
I drove up there on a whim Saturday night cuz I needed to get out of the house. Saugeye were not biting but as soon as the sun went down the crappie were on fire. Big ones too. I switched over to crappie fishing and caught several real nice ones and a guy 10 feet from me probably caught about 75-100 in 2.5 hours. I was amazed he actually counted out his 30 and left. I'm too used to seeing people keep every crappie they catch.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Cap Outdoors--where were you fishing for the crappie? Wife and I were there Saturday fishing mostly for saugeye on south shore--only got one small one--thanks!

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
Can't give ya exact spot but I can tell ya the tricks to the trade I observed.
1. Shallow water 2-3 feet deep near lilly pads/rocks/brush off the main lake (cove/channel), once the sun went down.
2. baits that don't cause much vibration (panfish assassin/spikes) worked really well. small twisters did not.
3. bright lantern close to the water really drew them in. Caught them all within 4 feet from shore.

·
Registered
10,337 Posts
Yeas really good post, Im gonna put that advice to work this friday nite on buckeye. I wish they would hurry and pull the boats out of the docks to make things a little easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts