Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went back up to indian on 6-16-09. Got there around 6pm. We caught a total of 18 channels all between 1.5-5lbs. We had 2 within 5 minuets of being there. They were hitting liver really slow so we switched over to the black tiger 21-25 sized shrimp and they were killing it. They started hitting about 30-40 ft out then as the night progressed they moved further out. We left at 11pm just before the heavy rain got up there and they were still hitting.

Wind was blowing from the east and the north at about 10mph the water clarity wasn't bad. When I cleaned the cats about 1/2 were females full of eggs. Im pondering going back up there next tuesday night as well.

·
188 Posts
Glad to see you did well! I fished up there for the first time Sat. evening. Had the grand kids with me and we fished by the bridge going over waterway that goes over to the beach. OK I didn't fish much spent 99% of the time keeping the kids gear out in the water but not even a bite! Used shrimp also, usually get something on it no matter where we fish.
Great place up there though. Everyone was really nice, they had a concert going on at the beach. kids had fun.
maybe next time do a little better on the fish!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive never fished that area. I always fish between Mcdonalds and the Spillway. Shrimp has been the bait of choice. When the first 3 days of 90 degree water hit i usually switch to livers. Good luck and glad you had a good time up there.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Channelcats hitting again. Threw 7 of them in the livewell while trolling for saugeye this morning.Avg 2 pounds each.

Now if only the saugeye would turn on like that,LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts