Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i will bee at Indian this week starting thursday any info would be reat i have never been there

·
Registered
182 Posts
get a map and look up north the lake...indian lake is a great place for bass
fish the docks and and flats, also you can look at the map were the houses
with docks is also are great places for bass...they like brush hogs and crankbaits also I had good results with spinner baits...I thought that this site
is to help out and pass info to each other..... also around blackhawk ramp to the left is also good...good luck to you and have fun...and forget about some people in this site that they are pretty selfish

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i didn't get the joke basskiller . I am sure i would of got it in person . Good luck

·
Set The Hook!
2,177 Posts
The general info that Pancho gave is really only a starting point which would apply to just about any lake. Indian gets hammered so much with fishing pressure that any pattern you come up with one day usually doesn't work the next. You just have to get out there and fish. Good luck

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well Said Pancho. I've Been Fishing Bass Tourny's For Many Years. Sometimes Do Ok. Definately Harder Fishing Those Bigger Body's Of Water, Than Going To The Local Ponds And Quarry's. That Is One Thing That Is Great About This Site, That You Can Get Some Really Good Info That Really Can Help You Catch Fish. Try To Get That From Most Of The Guys You Fish Against Or With During Tournaments. That Can Make Them So Frustrating. Most Of Us Don't Have Time To Spend 4-5 Days On Those Big Lakes. I Think That's What It Takes To Really Learn Them And Get A Goo Pattern Together.

·
Set The Hook!
2,177 Posts
Hope you didn't take my post wrong (I sometimes come across harsh) Its just that you got to get on the water and see what they are relating to. One day it will be pads, the next wood, the next rocks. There is alot of varied structure and areas to fish on ***** . Its what I consider my home lake ,I have fished it for 20 years. I haven't had the time this year to get out a bass fish on it so I really couldn't tell you what to do. Something that used to work many years ago and still does to some degree is throw very shallow diving crankbaits on the flats in the pads. They are used to seeing spinnerbaits and will hit a crank instead. This used to be a great way to catch springtime bass because no one else did it. Now its caught on and doesn't always work as well as it used to. If there is a breeze its beter as it will allow you to get in there without spooking them so bad. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
329 Posts
orlando is right about the fishing pressure, i have a cabin up their and i easily see 3-4 bass boats in a couple of hours fish the same places. good luck

·
Fish now, sleep later
669 Posts
I fished the OBF tourney 2 weeks ago out of Lakeview. I caught all my fish then on greenpumpkin tubes off riprap in the Moundwood channel. But 2 things I always look for is where there is laydown wood with pads. Indian is a funny lake though. Somedays you can kill them in wood cover and can't catch a cold off rock. Then some days it's vice-vesa. BlackHawk channels and Lucy's pond should still be good, along with Dunn's pond. Don't be afraid to fish main lake points, docks, and the small islands out there. I could go on but there is just to much to try to go into it all. Just go fishing and have fun and fish anything that looks "bassy".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts