Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Indian after work last night for a few hours for some bass and struggled. Threw a frog and flipped weeds most of the time and only had one hit while flipping. Nothing even sniffed my frog. Not sure if the front had them messed up a little or what the deal was. Water clarity wasnt the best either but not chocolate milk. I usually dont get much of a frog bite unless I can find some cleaner water anyway.

·
Registered
180 Posts
We were out Saturday and it seemed like they had pushed off the bank and were holding tight to cover. We got off the water once the lightning started, but overall it was a decent day out.

I really want to catch fish on frogs. I just have zero confidence in them. Hopefully your next trip out will treat you well.

I did notice some nice vegetation near Blackhawk marina, thought it'd be a great place to try a frog.

Happy fishing!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the Spro frog Jr size 100% of the time. The key is learning to walk it side to side in the little pockets. Keep your rod tip down and use quick snaps like you're walking a spook. I also do some modifications to my frog. Trim the tails by cutting about an inch off and add a split ring to the nose. Trimming the tails allows it to glide on its belly more and not drag. The split ring gives the nose more freedom to move side to side. Also, use 65lbs Power Pro braid.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I think the walking it part is my biggest weakness. It just feels awkward and it seems like I'm not giving the rod the right action. I plan on watching some videos and hitting a pond for practice, but I know I have a long way to go!

Do you fish Indian often?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have fished it a good amount over the years and love the weeds, thicker the better for my style. I do not fish it regularly though once Ontario bass season opens because I live in Lima and spend my time chasing smallmouth on Erie and St. Clair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts