Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:T out to the normal spots and nothing. Caught 1 here and 1 there out by my #43 waypoint. :B of the day was my pb planerboard flattie that was over 25" and 6.2 lbs,still plum full of eggs.One heck of a battle with that one. The bite was over by 8 a.m. with 5 keepers and threw back 5 channelcats. Mistake was the hot color,chrome/black took the smallest eye,and red craw took the 2nd smallest eye both on planerboards. Wind kept switching directions every half hour,rained on us a good hour,very cloudy and the bite was still slow. No lost baits!!!!!!

1-19.5"
1-17.7"
1-17"
1-15.75"
1-15.25"

Threw back half a dozen dinks.

Water Temp: 81
Clarity: 10"

2 more days left!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I fished yesterday and about 2hrs before the rain this morning and all I had to show for it was two dinks. Bite was sure slow for me... Nice job as always,
and thanks for the report

·
FISHINFOOL
44 Posts
Great job on the eyes the last few days! I am headed to Indian for the weekend. I haven't fished it since ice out as Buckeye has been great this year and is a lot closer to home. Any general hints on where to start? By the way..what color is mistake?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Good job on the cats. The way you keep catchin em you should get in the catfish tourney next month!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great job on the eyes the last few days! I am headed to Indian for the weekend. I haven't fished it since ice out as Buckeye has been great this year and is a lot closer to home. Any general hints on where to start? By the way..what color is mistake?
Troll. Water temp getting high and the eyes will skiddaddle out of the main lake to hide.You may wanna try deeper water like over in dream bridge area (North of Moundwood). Drift shiners or worm harness's.

Mistake was actually a mistake at the factory. Each side has different colors.Yellow on 1 side,red on the other.There's all sorts of bandit mistakes,but this mistake they actually kept making and has it's a regular color now.Been a good one this past week and a couple years ago. Took both eyes this morning.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good job on the cats. The way you keep catchin em you should get in the catfish tourney next month!
Catfish are turning on. I don't mind catching them when I am targeting them,but they are wrecking havoc on my crankbaits and sliming up my carpet.My boat reaks right now, LOL!

Since my primetime saugeye season is coming to a close,I'll try some of those tactics that you showed me and get some big cats and maybe an eye or 2?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts