Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a different buddy :T today and first thing he did was put the port planerboard out upside down. Averted a near disaster of crossed planerboards,but a good jerk and the planerboard righted itself and tracked back to normal. It started out slow,water temp near 88 and clarity looked like the normal 1' and less. Our hotspot of the week turned out to be a lemon,so we strolled on over to another semi hot spot and started getting eyes.Zero bites on my favorite firecraw,and buddy had 1 eye on mistake. So I put on mistake and nailed 4 of them. My buddy caught 2 and finally put on purple tiger around 10:30 a.m.
5 minutes later,he yanks out a 21" eye. A couple hits on our way back to that 1st spot and we started roasting at 11 a.m. Very little wind all morning. Chrome/Black only caught channelcats. 1 snag and zero lost baits!! 3 dink eyes and 1 dink whitebass. That 16" eye put up a better fight than that 20.5" eye.

1 nice mess of fish for my buddy phil.

1-21"
1-20.5"
2-20"
2-17"
1-16" and fat-it's on bottom of the pic:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plenty of eyes in there must get net, LOL!.We've lost a boat load this year and threw back a couple 300+ dink eyes. These are the nicest sized batches that I have ever seen. July alone,our keeper average for 50 eyes is 17.835". Just a smidgeon less than 18". We had a great stocking this year and the ODNR is busy busting people with over limits and undersized eyes.

This may be because of the horrendous weed situation last year.After the 2nd week of june 2010,the main lake was basically untrollable. That year,the main lake cleared up bigtime prior to memorial day weekend. 4'+ clarity.It was almost blue when viewing the lake from the road. It was looking the same this year,but luckily the lake muddied up after memorial day weekend and it's still muddy.Perfect saugeye conditions. The 87-88 degree water temp had me a little startled this morning.Still caught nice fish,lots of misses,and marked a lot of fish throughout our area of trolling.Prime-time almost over with and the saugeye will skiddaddle to wherever they hide when that water temp skyrockets.

The end is near! See ya tomorrow!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts