Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in 2.5 hrs of :T in the heat and boy was it hot. Very little wind and slow action til 5 p.m. when we relocated from the weekends wp's.

Got into 5.7' of water and had a couple dink misses and swung back through there to get a 20 1/4" eye. We lost a nice 19"+ that was barely hooked at the boat just prior to that 20". Missed quite a few fish in that area but did get another 15 1/4" along with a tossback 10" crappie and 1 dink channelcat. By 6 p.m. it fizzled out so headed to the original spots and picked up a straggler 19.5" at 7 p.m. and that's all she wrote. The grand kid wasn't coopering. Decent action for the heat. Lost 1 chart craw in that dreaded rocky area that is bigger than I thought.. About 50-50 on the chart craw and red craw.

Water temp: 86.5

·
S.S Mud Dobber
613 Posts
Holy Cow, didn't take much for that water temp to sky rocket in 2 days! Geesh! :confused:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as that bottom water is still cool. Those 8"-10" ultra dinks were tearing us up last night. I dragged 1 around thinking it was a pc of weed, LOL! Usually they're the 1st ones to hide if the water temp gets too hot. Hot like this the rest of the week,then it won't be long til they're done.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Water temp 89.5 this evening. Moundwood's channel was over 92.

Managed a 20" keeper shortly after 5 p.m. this evening near yesterdays spot.Lost a couple seconds after they hit. Got into a channelcat feeding frenzy at 6 p.m. Couple eye dinks and a 10" crappie tossback. Very slow tonight.Not as many pleasureboaters,a little northwest wind, and HOTTTTT! Speedy got out there just before I finished up at 7:30 or so. Hopefully he got a good 8 p.m. bite because I haven't had any luck this year after 7:30 p.m.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.