Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the water at 5:45 a.m. and nothing til I hit the area that yielded 2 eyes yesterday (Pew). 6:30 a.m. yielded the 1st eye,a 17" right on that waypoint. 15 mins later .10 mile north of that way waypoint yielded :B 21.5" eye. Couple dinks on my main siderod with purple tiger. Other siderod got both keepers using mistake. 1 snag,zero lost baits, and no non-eye fish. Water Temp holding steady at 87 and time is up. Clarity less than 1',same with blackhawk channel. Drama of the day was a 3/4 of a flat tire on the front of the truck when I finished up at 8:45 a.m.. Had to baby the truck to the northside gas station for air.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You sure do well out there for such terrible conditions. The water was pure mud today.

Trolled dream bridge, old lake, pew, blackhawk, west bank, south bank, with bandits.

Then went and drifted dream bridge area again with crawler harnesses, erie dearies, and bottom bouncers and only had 1- 2 lb channel and 2 - 4" long channels to show for it.

uggggh

Tilton Hilton burger on the way home was good though!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those 4" channelcats are all over the place. Dead floaters everywhere,spillway was littered with dead ones the other week. Bait stealers when I caught a couple of them bank fishing pew the other week.I couldn't figure out what was tearing up my red worms and night crawlers until I finally snagged one of those 4" cats. The lake is muddy,but at least it put a halt to the weeds. Saugeye love the stained water. Lack of wind the last couple days put the hurting on me.

Could have used some rain because the lake is down well past a foot. One of my buddy's that I took out last week said he hit a stump in front of oldfield beach,and wore all 3 blades of his new prop to 1/4 of an inch nub. He also got towed in by the coast guard auxillary pontoon and they ran him into a tree at blackhawk.

All in all,A great season. I've had better numbers,only limited out once,but size of the keepers was phenomenal. I haven't seen so many eyes in the 17"-21" like this year.The eyes still look plump and healthy,except for the occasional black spots on their skin on a few. White bass made a heck of a comeback. Caught my personal best channelcat,flathead,and Indian lake white bass. Just 1 more fish ohio to get my masters,so maybe I'll concentrate on carp and catfish the rest of the summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts