Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over slept this morning so didn't get on the water til 6 a.m. A perfect south wind. Practically had the whole main lake to myself for the first couple hrs.Picked up a 19" eye shortly after 7 a.m. then strolled on over by pew. Not much action at the up til 9 a.m. I was hoping to get into another 9 a.m. frenzy so go on the wp of the 1st eye . Then a 3 lb flattie. Low and behold, here comes the pack of boats. I pulled out the last keeper eye in front of buckiguy.It went 17". He asked me the color and I yelled to him charteuse craws. Then picked up a couple 14"'s and dink channelcats. Then I hooked into something big and ripped off some line and shook free within 5 seconds, UGGH! Then comes the guy in the white lund tiller to cut me off of that waypoint.. After 9:45 the pack dispersed except for the olive green lund. I managed a couple more channelcat dinks. The channelcats and flattie hit the mossback craw.That flattie nailed it with a bunch of watermilfoil weed all over the trebles. Another 14" dink hit the chart craw with that same weed on it. Maybe one of those rapala clackin/ raps with the fuzzy hair trebles would be a good thing to try if anyone has any?

Citruse-skunked. Didn't really waste my time trying everything but the kitches sink on them. They're hitting chart craws,but when they decide to feed.I've been working that same .25 mile circle hard this past week and I'm getting skunked when I get outside that area.

Dink eyes hitting again,as well as the,dink channelcats ,so the saugeye action should be getting better soon!

Water Temp:74.5- 12 degrees colder than this time last year!
Clarity less than 1'

·
Registered
705 Posts
Saw you out there this morning. We got a dink channel and thats it. Good lord what a waste of time. There were few places we didn't try or cranks we didnt throw out there.

I just dont get it. It seemed like the absolute perfect conditions for fishing today. Oh well i guess. Im about to start goin after the cats. Saugs have me stumped this year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts