close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indian 11/17

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Capital outdoorsman, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

Had my first trip to Indian this year and it was just as frustrating as all ther other trips I've taken there. Went to someplace other than Moundwood. Only room for a few fisherman at this spot so its not a circus. Fish turned on but couldn't get them to bite on anything. They were swirling all over. Finally hooked up with one that was 20+ and the bastard got off after about 10 seconds when he jumped out of the water. Frustrating. Then I got to sit and watch one guy pull in a 30 incher (about 9-10 lbs) and another guy pull in another FO. All were caught (and missed) on jigs and twisters. I tried husky jerks and the vibe "e" but only twisters worked.

2. Sometimes you get them and most times they get you. Allways my luck that i should have been there yesterday. Youll get them next time.
    Were the guys that got them, tipping the twister with a minnow ? that has been the trick lately down there.

3. Capital outdoorsman

Just heard from the guy that got the 30 that he limited out. He said the later it got the more they bit. Nobody had any minnows. He was using a 6 inch bass crawler/jig and the rest just twisters.

4. ;) Hey Capital don't give up it has been weird bite at Indian this fall but like you i have been moving all around lake and getting limits without fighting crowds. Sometimes i move as many as 10-12 places in couple hours. Looking for activity in doing so pick up 1-2 fish here and there and before you know it you got a limit. Vib'e was choice bait last few weeks but Jig bite has been really picking up last few days. Rogue bite has been there but spotty and inconsitent. Well except for a few spread out days ;) Got onto them pretty well couple nights back. See you out there some night. I have no clue what i did for old picture to pop on with reply??? Kind of neat though random picture and it was from Indian on a rogue bite at night.

5. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

I was on Indian for the first time last week(in a boat) and will be studying the lake and road maps to access some areas. You can wayste some time driving around that thing :)

Slim....we need to plan a night trip in early Dec.

6. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

I have been dying to get over to Indian for a night bite of saugeye action. I just haven't been able to get the time. Keep me in the loop guys. I would love to get over there.

CG

7. Capital outdoorsman

I'm trying to get over there this weekend. Probably either Saturday or Sunday night. I've been hearing good things from people this week however its going to rain tonight and tomorrow night. It seems the bite is there but its a little slow. If you put in the time you can get your limit.

8. The bite is either going to REALLY turn on with the weather change, or REALLY shut off. Going to be a coin toss.

9. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

At the very least you will be doing better than me, you'll be fishing, I'll be driving!