close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

In Search Of A Small River Boat

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by H2O Mellon, Aug 21, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

0   0   0

I have a 14 foot Tracker Pro Guide Deep 14, but the spots I am wanting to try have some riffles where the water is only a foot or two deep. I dont know if those plastic Bass Boats would work or not (open to suggestions). A 14 foot Jon may work, but I am looking for something easy to tansport, would probally only be looking at running a trolling motor on. It needs to be big enough for two big guys and gear. I am looking for something easy to handle, not flashy, but dependable & easy to maintain. Good Stability is a must. Like I said easlier going through shallow water is a must.

I have several HUNTING firearms that I could use to deal including:

Winchester Model 70 .300 Win Mag w/ a Simmons Scope (4x12x32, I think) Has only been shot a handfull of times. Bought new less than a year ago

Browning BPS Stalker 12 ga, w/ engraving. The engraving has been bonded w/ gold. (One side is Turkey, the other is Geese) I've had this gun a hile. I dont think its been shot more than 10 times in the last 3 or 4 years. I'd say the gun is 5 years old. Used one day last year for Ducks/Geese, the other for turkey. Before the duck/geese, it wasonly shot no more than 3 times in the last 3 years, all dead Gobblers!

Browning BPS Stalker 10 ga. I got this from Big Chess. I don't think it's ever had a round fired through it. This is the newer style & doesnt have the engraving. Still have the box & choke tubes.

2. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

Also have a Stoeger 12 ga "Coach" Side by Side. I think the barrell lengths are 23 inches long. Been shot about 20 times. Will try to find my pics.

3. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

Browning Stalker 12 ga
    [​IMG]

4. I got a 15 and a half foot Coleman Canoe for sale 300$ negotiable.....

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

0   0   0

There you go Bryan!

6. Millrat

Millrat

0   0   0

7. PM me if your interested....

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

0   0   0

here's a perfect little river runner for you,bryan.just add water :)
    easy launching/loading,will haul over 500+ pounds of catfishermen plus gear in 18" or less of water and take all the abuse you can dish out(misfit tested and approved)
    has ample built-in areated livewell for lots of big goldfish,storage under very comfortable seats and bow,fore and aft trolling motors,so your partner can share in pilot duties.
    more stable and less work than a canoe :D
    all it would take to own this fine misfit-proof craft,is an even trade for that tracker pro guide :D ;)
    [​IMG]

9. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

I probally should have made it more clear: My dad actually owns the tracker. Although hes in pretty rough shape, he cant even climb in & out of it. Its too bad too, he paid $6 for it in either 1999 or 2000, then his health went down hill. In all honestly the most the motor has ever ran in one day was maybe 2 hours, that was when Bubba & I hit CJ a couple months ago. The second most was during thr OGF Crappie tourney. Misfit I wish it was like yours, the Deep V really hurts that Tracker, & plus its not comfortable to fish out of. It's a 14ft console, which takes up way too much room. A bad investment to say the least. My dad sold a tons of his guns to get that. :(

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

0   0   0

i know what you mean,bryan.sorry about your dad's health.i thought it was his boat,from past posts you made.
    my health is also exactly why i bought that boat.it's so much easier for me to handle when i happen to be alone,even though i still have trouble getting in and out at times,cause my balance is kinda off now and then(physical,not mental,lol)well that too,sometimes :rolleyes: .
    i got rid of a heavy glass boat cause it was just too much.i was kinda razzin' you and jack with that,cause i know the tracker is worth a good bit more than mine,and i don't know that i'd wanna give mine up after all i've been trhough with it :)
    hope you find what you're looking for.

11. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

0   0   0

It sounds like you need a 12-14 ft jon mellon. My buddy has one for sale.(if it's not sold yet)12 footer It comes with a 2.5hp gas and a older trolling motor(minncota) and a trailer for around $500. I can call him and see if it sold yet if you want me to. It could use some new seats if I remember correctly. I took it out to Rupert one time and it was nice. He weighs about 280 and I weigh 200lbs and we had no problems.

12. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

Yea man, ask him. WOuld he be interreste din trading? Cash is low right now, OKay.... Cash is ALWAYS low!!! :)