Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have buddy that does videography stuff and has recently started fishing and filming it (for fun and cause he loves film, thus his profession) Well he texted me and two of our mutual friends and started a competition, the first person to catch a 4.5# or bigger smallie or large mouth on film will win a new gopro8 Cause he just has one laying around :rolleyes: and wants us to do the YouTube channel with him. Normally I would think I’d have this in the bag, but I’m not a bass angler at all... I typically target trout, panfish, and walleye. So this is all new to me. Any tips? Tackle advice? Body’s of water to try? Don’t have a boat just a yak. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
566 Posts
So I have buddy that does videography stuff and has recently started fishing and filming it (for fun and cause he loves film, thus his profession) Well he texted me and two of our mutual friends and started a competition, the first person to catch a 4.5# or bigger smallie or large mouth on film will win a new gopro4. Cause he just has one laying around :rolleyes: and wants us to do the YouTube channel with him. Normally I would think I’d have this in the bag, but I’m not a bass angler at all... I typically target trout, panfish, and walleye. So this is all new to me. Any tips? Tackle advice? Body’s of water to try? Don’t have a boat just a yak. Thanks in advance.
Private pond

·
Paddle N Fin Kayak Fishing Podcast
2,205 Posts
Williams reservoir near Wapakoneta has some of the biggest inland smallmouth in the state.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
AEP shouldn't be a problem to accomplish on a weekend visit. I have seen 4#+ fish while bluegill fishing several weeks ago.

·
Registered
310 Posts
IMO no bass lure specifically targets larger fish like a skirted jig with a craw or creature bait trailer. Any color as long as it's black and blue. You may get more bites on something else, but the jig will get the big fish. Good luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts