Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! i am going to be going down to missouri and fishing all lake on a private farm pond full of channels, huge bluegilss, and big bass. ive been able to pull out big channels and gills but cant get a big bass out of there! there is a tree stump structure but other than that there is not much cover except for some weeds. i was wondering what you all thought about time of day, lure selection, lure color, and any other pointers you could give me on how to get a big bass out there. any help would be appreciated. thank you!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
id say morning. sunrise,,, yull see em splashing then you will know where to throw, and pumkin seed bait are great on a weedless hook, i throw a lil shine on there to just to wake em up.that works for me here in ohio !!! good luck too ya though!

·
Registered
894 Posts
if there isnt much structure try to make your casts far from the bank they will see u before u see them, the private club i belong too is like this with little structure but is very clear with some moss and underwater plant life and i always do good using all white lures or white/chartruese with some gold accents. if there busting the top use top water baits. plus night time top water is always fun hard to do but fun u could always try night fishing for them.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I love night time topwater fishing. Throw a Hula Popper over a shallow area and listen for the huge splash in between your jerks and hold on!

Chances are a lot of bluegills with little cover means the bass have plenty of food. Try eliciting a reaction strike and a fast moving flashy lure or a jig during the day. In the mornings try topwaters, or even senkos/creatures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts