close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

In Memory Of Ranger

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruminator, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I decided to post about Ranger since many of you knew, or saw him at OGF Family Picnics and our HawgFests.

Ranger died last Saturday, Nov.1. He was home with our two sons and apparently had a massive heart attack. He was gone in a minute's time while our sons comforted and petted him.

Here are some of my favorite pics of Ranger.
    -click on the pic for a full-size pic

[​IMG]

He loved to go to the store. We took him every chance we could.

[​IMG]

He loved to play fetch with that tennis ball.

[​IMG]

Ranger looking good.

Ranger was such a friendly, noble dog.

He had a huge heart and loved being around people.
    We took him everywhere, especially boating and fishing.

~ Rest in peace Ranger ~

2. I am sorry for you and your families loss. My beagle Patches passed about this time last yr she will great him and show him the ropes.

3. Jim , I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

4. Ruminator,

Sorry to hear of Ranger's passing. They truely are a big part of the family.

5. Sorry for your loss. Its sad to see our little friends go but they make life better having had their company.

6. Sorry to hear that Jim. I've got a 13.5 year old rott/shepherd mix that I'm afraid won't last much longer. My wife and daughters guardian. They will not take it well.

7. Sorry for your loss,Rember..."the rainbow Bridge".

8. Just remember all the joy you brought into each others life and the love you shared.

9. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Rumi............Sorry to hear that. Its so hard to lose a pet you love so much, and one that is so much part of the family. WB

10. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Ruminator...........My heart felt compassion to you and yours. That " hole in the soul" feeling, that comes from the loss of our dearly loved pets, comes from the love that we honor every single moment of their lives, that we shared with them. We all know that time lessens the pain......but sometimes that just dosen't manage to come quickly enough.... God Bless.....Jon Sr.

11. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Sorry to hear about Ranger. I went through that a couple years ago, very hard times.

12. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

We lost one of ours the same way a day after our 4th grandson was born. Talk about a bitter-sweet experience. You have our sympathies.

13. Sorry for your loss, Beautiful looking Dobie.

14. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

What more can be said from those of us who have been there. Your family's sorrow is ours.

15. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

jim, thats to bad about ranger. like you said he went quick, without suffering. being a fellow doberman owner i know how loyal they really are. mine is truly my best friend, as im sure ranger was yours. sorry for you and your familys loss. i know he was a big part of it.

16. Rumi,
    Sorry about Ranger. Dogs are such a big part of our families & it is a great loss when they go.
    Our almost 15 year old Cocoa (shepherd/chow) also loves people, especially kids, & has bladder cancer. Her time is very limited, but she is not in pain now. We are prepared to lose her, but it sure doesn't make that loss any easier.
    God Bless,
    Mike

17. Sorry to hear that Jim your family has my sympathy. I remember the first time I meet Ranger at the heavy metal seminar and how impressed I was how friendy and well behaved he was. Kinda like losing one of our members as got used to seeing him at the events. I'm sure you're going to miss him but he was loved and gave back the same.

18. Sorry to hear about your loss, we have a dog and he is just like one of the family, he is a Yorkie/Minn Pin mix so he is a mutt for sure but he is treated like pure gold, a couple weeks ago he tweaked something in his back while running around the house like a dog possesed, we spent $250 or better in a trip to the vet for X-Rays and meds for the little guy, I know some people will find that foolish but we couldnt stand to see him suffer and had to know if it was something more serious so that he could get the proper care, within a couple days of getting some meds in him he was up and at em again, I dread the day when he is no longer with us, he was bought for the kids..but the ole man has taken to him more than anyone, again Im very sorry for your loss.

19. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

jim.. sorry for your loss.. believe me, i know the feeling..

20. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

Jim, sorry for your loss. It was tuff driving home from the river that day with you you and linda talking on the phone how ranger had just passed with the boys holding him. Felt kinda guilty that day. But he's in a better place and he will always be on the bow when ever you head out on the lake and he will always be at the outings. R.I.P. Ranger