close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

In-Laws

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, Sep 22, 2005.

1. We Get Along Great-Very Healthy Relationship

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. We HATE Each Other-

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. They Are Okay For A Couple Hours Only (Holidays, Funerals, Weddings, etc)

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. So-So (Not Bad, Not Good)

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Just curious, how many people get along well w/ thei in laws?

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I would rather have Osama-bin Laden over for the holidays than I would my mother in law.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Can't say for certain, but my mother in law just may be Osama-bin Laden. Oh wait, no her beard is longer than his.

4. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

Hehehehe :)

Well....ok. For a couple hours once a month is fine because I just go out in the yard and do my own thing. They definitely give me the feeling that they know I don't care for them too much but I don't give a frick. The mother-in-law is always giving me the eye when I'm doing my best to devour an 18 pack of Miller Lite.

I used to think the father-in-law was kind of a jerk but after getting to know the family, I'd act like a jerk too if I had to put up with their crap all the time. So we get along but I know it makes him a little uncomfortable when I drop a few "F-Bombs" around him but hey, its my house and I'm going to be myself. At their house, I'll refrain from the beer guzzling and the obnoxious behavior.

5. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Well, I'd say we get along great but to say it is a healthy relationship would be rough since they have both passed away at an early age. Worries me a lot about my wife andher health but at the same time there are no in-laws butting in our business.

6. I think the main reaosn why me and the old lady have such a great relationship is because of her parents. They know how much of a pain in the a$$ she can be and they sympathize, which makes my life easier.

They are young enough that thier parents, ( my grandparent- in -laws) are still alive and they don't like it when they but in on anything, so they pretty much leave us alone!

7. I always wonder why treads like this get started :confused: did somebody have company last night :D I get along Great with mother inlaw,father inlaw !@

8. Hey Mellon, does this have anything to do with you not being able to go out last night to fish?? :mad:
    My Inlaws are ok for a few hours but thats about it, not bad but not good either.

Salmonid

9. The first 7 years were sort of rough with the mother in law. Starting 1 hour before we were to be married she told my wife there was still time to back out and try to marry a doctor or lawyer!!! That sort of set the tone.......I avoided her as much as possible then there was "the X-mas blow-up" I held my tounge as best I could. The following year (about 6 years ago) was the defining moment. We had a big blow up which ended with me telling her if she did not shut her mouth and mind her own business I would bust her in the mouth. See her around the holidays, birthdays etc. and things have been rosy!! She very rarely looks me in the eye though, kind of like a dog that has been beat. Works for me.

10. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

SWEET

Any of you guys ever drop a burger off the grill and put it back on and give it to the mother-n-law, I have. When she was trying to be nice she said the "hamburgers were really good" and I nearly peed myself in her face as I thought about that hamburg falling onto my garage floor where I was grilling.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  11. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Great relationship here. I think her dad likes it cause I'm into everything he likes. Fishing, hunting, guns, beer, road trips, sports, playing with power tools, etc. His son isn't alwasy into that, so I think he got the best of both worlds. Not to mention the fact that I treat his little girl like a queen. That helps. Mother-in-law can get annoying, but I still like her. Do all kinds of things for her.

You know, when you marry somebody you get the whole kit-and-kaboodle. Family included. I figured I better enjoy being around them (to a point) if I was going to make a lifetime commitment!

12. My In-Laws are great and we are close friends. I even worked at the same company and location with my mother-in-law for 4 years and we only became closer. I can count on them for anything, anytime, anywhere. They definately love me like their own kid & that makes me feel great - I can't imagine having In-Laws that I hated; it would make life that much more difficult!

13. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

My in-laws are great. I love them both to death.

We get along even after that one night I call my mom-in-law by mistake instead of my friend Duane. After the 5th time of me redialing the wrong phone # she finally let loose "THERE'S NO F(*$#!* DUANE HERE". and hung up on me.
    Well I thought to my self she didn't have to be a b*^&% about it so I hit redial about 4 times and let her know what a C&^$ and B&(*$ and P^##% she was. The last time I hit redial the father-in-law answered.
    Uhhhhhhhhhh. is this _____? Sure enough it was.
    I had to go wake the wife and let her know what I just called her mother several times. We just laugh about it today.

14. She is a saint and would do anything for you. Allot like the wife. If my wife had taken after her father (rest his soul) I would be in deep trouble. Of course I would of seen that and wouldn't of married her in the first place. He was the perverbial Archie Bunker. He had an opinion on absolutely everything. I guess he was fairly active when he was younger but by the time he came into my life he was a full fledged table potato. He struck a classic pose at the kitchen table with his Pabst can in his hand (90% of the time I saw him). He would always try to belittle me for drinking Gennesse. Looking back I can't see how we drank either of them. As he drew closer to the end of his days his son (my beloved brother in law-another story completely) had convinced him to drink IC light. I figured his mind was seriously starting to go now, not to mention his taste buds. How could ANYBODY drink that tasteless brew???

15. In-laws are great. Now my wife's in-laws, that is another story.

16. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

my father-in-law passed away a few years back.he was a helluva good guy.i even miss him sometimes.
    my mother-in-law......now that's a different story.
    right from the start i decided that if i didn't set her straight that i'd have to put up with her ways for the rest of my life!
    they drove up from florida a few days before our wedding.she told my wife that she'd "help" in any way she could.that "help" amounted to her trying to change everything about the wedding & the reception.she wanted NO beer at the reception! wrong,wrong,wrong!
    i didn't put up with it and told her straight out what i thought and for her to leave the wedding to us.
    since then i'm the only human being on this planet that she doesn't try to boss around! :D

17. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i like my mother in law better than my mother my mom is allways the pain in the ass i feel bad for my wife :(

18. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

GREAT husband and GREAT in-laws....

19. Mother in law, unscrambled = woman hitler....go figure :D

20. peon

peon account delete

i voted so-so.. im not married but iv dated my girl for 4 years :eek: i love her dad he fishes and we get along great and i love her dads side of the family i ride harleys with her grandpa but her mom (her parents are dvorced) is a beotch and so aaint her moms side of the family.. they hate me cause i fish (cause her dad fishes) and they dont like me cause im the devil and they goto church... lol i always wear my BASS PRO SHOPS hat when i goto her moms :D :D