close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

In honor of our 1st year

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fastlane, Apr 10, 2005.

Good idea?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2005.
  1. Yes, and I would be willing to donate to the cause

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Yes but I do not want to donate

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Maybe

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  4. Worst idea I have ever heard of

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

I am proposing in honor of our 1st year online anniversary a "Member of the Year" award. I think that we all get and share a lot of wonderful and useful advice, techniques, fun, humor, sorrows, etc. This is one of the best sites I have ever been a part of and by far, the absolute best fishing site on the web. What do you all think? I personally am willing to donate a $30 Bass Pro Shops gift card to the winner. We could do some sort of ballott and each member would be allowed to vote only once. No one can nominate themselves. Other members could donate anything they want to the pot. If the mods want to set it up and tally the votes, that would be great or I would volunteer to have submissions PM'd to me and track them. Tell me what you all think and if you would like to contribute to the prize. If we get enough prizes we could even have a 1st runner up and honorable mention award as well.

2. ..simple as even a buck each would be good to go...
    Why not...
    ...of course maybe we should also have an admin of the year too eh?

3. Fastlane

I agree. If we get enough prizes/donations we could have multiple catagories such as:
    Member of the year
    Admin/Mod of the year
    Goof of the year
    Most active
    etc.
    I am open to sugestions and wouldlike to make this fun for all.

4. I like Fastlane's suggestions could even simply give a hat away...

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I like this idea Fastlane. I hope that you get the needed support for it.

To that end I'll donate a brand new newly designed OGF logo hat to the winner of the "Member Of The Year" category. ;) :cool:

6. Bring it up during the next owners meeting :)

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

You do need to come up with a short list of determining factors, one or more that will be conclusive leaving no room for preference.

8. Fastlane

I am open for sugestions but what I had in mind for Member of the Year was to nominate someone you feel has contributed to this site or to fishing in general. Someone you feel makes a difference with good solid information and help. Someone who goes out of their way to help a friend in need. Someone who has taken action either on this site or outside of it to make fishing more enjoyable or successful for the rest of us. Your nomination for member of the year would be based on your own reasoning. Maybe it is someone that invited you to a boat trip when you are normally bank bound. Maybe it is a person who shared a secret technique that helped you catch more fish. Maybe it is someone who just goes out of their way a lot and you have noticed. Maybe it is someone who always makes you laugh when you need it most.

We have a fantastic group of members here and there is not one of you that I would not be proud to fish with. There are people on here from all walks of life from dirt poor to very well off and yet we all seem tied by a common bond, the love of the outdoors and what mother nature has to offer us.

Here is what I propose:
    PM me your nomination for Member of the Year with a brief reason why you want them nominated. I will take the top 5 nominees and post a new poll in about a week with their names for voting. We will leave the poll open for a week or so to determine the winner.

So far it looks like we have a few others willing to donate so this could even grow to have a few sub-catagories. Like I said, I am open for sugestions and would like a lot of input on this. If you have an idea but would like to remain annonomous, PM me.

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Sounds cool, but it would boil down to a popularity contest.

My opinion would be to just have a drawing for some things to give away. of course I am a simple guy who would love the chance to maybe be drawn to win a jighead and grub. :)

10. Fastlane

162 views and only 17 votes. Maybe there is not enough interest to do this. My intention with this was to thank the movers and shakers on the forums. Not neccesarily a popularity contest but someone who makes a difference to this site and/or fishing or hunting in general.

11. You need to contact admin and get their blessing first...
    Many will not take part otherwise is my opinion...
    Then take charge make a start date then end date and have at it...

12. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I'm bringing it up to the rest of the Team for thoughts. I'll post here afterwards.

13. well ill tell you what i feel....i think we are all members of the year. how could you seperate the good and the bad.everyone here that posts good news and info should pat themselves on the back for putting in their share.but i will again commend the OGF STAFF FOR THEIR GREAT EFFORTS AND WORK.

14. ...if a little something like a hat or what have you makes this
    forum even slightly more active (sponsor happy) then I am all for it...
    We all know that each and every one of us makes this place special
    just as an active parent may rec'v an award at school it does not dimish
    what the others parents (users) have done or are doing ;)

15. catking

catking Banned

Hey Members- Don't let this thread die ;) This is something you all can do for yourselves....Doesn't matter what the reasons are ( popularity , good sportsmenship , etc. ) Lets not look to deep into that. This would be something nice you members can do for yourselves.. I think Tom ( Fastlane ) has something worth doing.... I also believe the owners and mods should be excempted from this...... ;) Come on members , why not ? I have a OGF sticker and a brand new knit hat for next winter I can donate ;) ... CATKING

16. I hear ya man... let do it

17. catking

catking Banned

Here's what I meant catfishunter33- I meant not to look to deep into this as far as a popularity contest or whatever. Do it for the fun of it and don't make such a HUGE issue as to why somebody wants to do it. It's all about the fun of it...... Just like yor reply , I take it you don't want to particpate. Rick .......... :)