close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm proposing today...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CoolWater, Jun 22, 2007.

1. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Funny the timing, we have arch heading to his wedding and me proposing today. I guess you could say OGF member's are dropping like [may]flies. lol...

Wish me luck - doing it around 1 PM at the Marblehead Lighthouse.

2. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Good Luck........Sweep her off her feet! :) WB

3. Good luck buddy, I know it can be nerve racking to say the least. I'll have to let my buddy that lives in Marblehead know, maybe he can lend some moral support then take you out fishing after you take care of business ;-)

4. CoolWater

Yea I'm stressin'... been planning this for a couple months... I'll give details on how I'm doing it... maybe some pics - brother is supposed to be hiding with the telephoto lens,

she just got out of the shower so I had to be quick about the post and will give the update later tonight.

I must love her though - had $5,ooo in the new 'toy' fund... was sure it was going to be towards a new boat.... <sigh> 1 carat later and I have a pebble to show for it.... she's worth it - and because she isn't the type to ask for something like that - I wanted to go all out.

gotta jet!

PS if she says no, I can just jump and not face the humiliation!!! LOL JK!!! :D

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Best of luck Adam!!! You'll need some ice packs in the morning ;) :D

6. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

I hear ya man. I had a nice boat fund in tact and it bought her a 2 carat engagement band (1 carat center) and another carat wedding ring = 3 carats. She's worth it though. She gets her doctorate degree this time next year so hopefully She'll get me something cool. Same story though. She would have never asked for something like that but hopefully you only do it once! Besides with that much weight on her hand I shouldnt ever have to upgrade LOL. Also with they way that stuff goes up it's always better to get it now rather than later ;) Good luck man !!

7. I hope she doesn't check this site before taking off or your surpirse will be ruined.:D:D

Congratulations Adam!! (That is assuming she says yes. ;) :D)

8. Good Luck Adam! I got married in front of that lighthouse. I took a loan out for my wife's ring and paid on it for five years! Never regretted it for a moment.

9. I was hoping you were going to say something like "I'm proposing today - to go fishing!"

DON'T DO IT MAN!! IF you enjoy going fishing all the time, then marriage is NOT for you!!!

HAHAHAHA!! I'm kidding! That's just the story of MY life..........

Congrats! Remember to get on one knee! Chicks eat that crap up!

10. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Good luck Adam!
    Wish you the best.

11. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Good luck Adam. I'm coming up on 39 years and it was all worth it. (at least I tell myself that:D ) JK. I've been blessed with a wife that has let me do most any and everything all these years.

12. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

this place is getting way mushy lately:mad:

hope things work out....although fishing will come second now.!#

13. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Good luck!....my wedding is November 1st, 2008....

That's an off weekend for the buckeyes, and that wasn't MY idea:D

Love her for that and letting me go fish ALL THE TIME!

This site should have a fishing widow support group!

14. Good luck! or congrats? I'm kinda late, but that is the story of my life! It can be stressful. I proposed on the Fourth of July in '03 out on the pontoon under the fireworks on Indian Lake. :eek: Got married last August on Treasure Island beach in Florida. Was worth it all the way. Only one year in but was worth it!!!

15. Well did she accept your proposal???? We are waiting with baited breath!!!

16. Just went over 15 Years myself, (2 happy) Just kidding. Good Luck.

17. What so big about proposals ? I used to do it all the time. Most of them said no but every now and then. Oh wait that kind of proposal, he meant the one on bended knee , hope you end up with one like mine. Not perfect mind you but AWFUL understanding of me. GOOD LUCK

18. Juls

Juls Charter Captain

Of course she did! How could she say, "No"? We'll have to wait a little longer for the blow by blow...I'm guessing they're a little "busy" tonight. ;)

Congratulations!

Juls

19. CoolWater

Thanks everyone! That was a fun read...

My plans all came together - and even better than expected. Weeks ago I had a huge banner made that says "JILL, WILL YOU MARRY ME?" and took it to the parks folks there. We had it arranged that once Jill and I were at the top of the lighthouse, by ourselves, they would get a group of people to help them hold it out. It worked so well because Jill got cold while I was taking 'scenic' pictures and said she was going to the other side to be in the sun... which gave them time to get it all held out tight and looking good. So then I just said, "ok come back over we can leave". Then when she came over I just said, "Whats that?", and pointed to it. She read it, I got on one knee, and proposed. She cried, said "Yes", we hugged and kissed and everyone was clapping - was truly a wonderful moment I will never forget. O yea, was pretty funny that when they held out the banner and I was on one knee, I gave them the thumbs up and yelled down "She said yes!"

My brother did make it and shot a ton of pictures - I should have the disk Sunday and maybe I'll post a few pics. Anyways, thanks for all the words of encouragement.

Here we are at Mon Ami having lunch afterwards:

[​IMG]