close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm moving to SW Ohio!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishman, May 12, 2004.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Well as many of you know I had planned on living in Cinci this summer working a seasonal position, and was only suppose to be around on the weekends. Today however I got a full time job offer and I gladly accepted, so looks like ol' Fishman here is gonna be one of you guys now! I'll be living somewhere in Cinci, not sure yet but by tomorrow I should know what city exactly I'll be taking up residence. Zfish warned me the fishing was terrible down in your neck of the woods, but asking zfish about fishing success is like asking a weatherman for a weather report - you just don't get the correct answer.

I'm looking forward to starting my career down in this neck of the woods and hopefully prove little zfish wrong ( as so many of you have :D ) about the fishing in SW Ohio.

2. catking

catking Banned

GREAT !!! fishman. The fishin can be better, but there is a GREAT group of guys and gals down here. We always have a blast at bigjohn513's "eagle creek" outings. There are some good places to fish, if you have contacts :cool: ........ DA KING !!!

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

My gosh, stay away from the King or your fishing is doomed!

4. catking

catking Banned

Don't listen to these guys down this way fishman. Next thing you know is they will blame YOU for not being able to catch fish... :rolleyes: DA KING !!!

5. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Fishman, I will gladly show you some of the better fishing holes around if our schedules work together. And don't worry about Catking, I will prove the curse wrong. Now that I have a camera and a boat this summer, I will prove to everyone that it is possible to catch fish with the king. It might even be proven on the "dead sea"

PS Catking and Fishman, we will have to meet up sometime this summer and do some fishing.

6. catking

catking Banned

No doubt Kevin !! We will show fishman his way around. I've met him a few times, a little light headed, but I think he can learn :D CATKING :cool:

7. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey fishman..make sure you taped the lessons you get from da king, we can auction it off on e-bay.. :D :p :D

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Ak thats a good point, then again we could send it in to American's Funniest Home Videos couldn't we?

I'll take you up on that offer Bassnpro and DaKing. I'm coming down to look for an apartment, then once I get situated and get a day off, I'll go fishing :)

9. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Hey Fishman, tell us where you will be working. That way, some of us down here mightbe able to tell you where to look for a place to live.

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Jones Fish and Lake Management , its a fish hatchery in Newtown :D

11. catking

catking Banned

That's my territory !!!I live not far from this area off str#32, same as Newtown. Therre are all types of places to rent around that area. CATKING

12. i was born and rasied in that town..dont hold it agnist them..my mom still lives there
    the people at jones are great folks and all the fish in my farm pond came from there
    you shouldn't have any trouble finding a place in the area
    p.s. check your pm's

13. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

LOL... I like the weatherman comment. I still dont know the area well enough to go out and consistantly do well yet. But it just takes practice I guess. Took me a couple solid years of constantly fishing Hoover to start catching good fish on a consistant basis. Other than that the GMR, Mad rivers and Eastwood I havent fished much else yet. Was at CJ a couple times as well as Kiser. I've been working around at it but like I said. You're more than welcome to crash here for a while if needed. ;)

I still think the area I came from has better all around fishing for the species I normally target but I need to start fishing CJ Brown. Hmm... I could use another fishing buddy down this way. Oh yeah I also need someone to play xbox because Catfishunter doesnt give me much of a challenge LOL

14. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

What a bunch of great people you all are, thanks so much for the help and offers. Hopefully I find something tomorrow, but with such short notice it may be difficult. I really appreciate the offer Mike, I'de hate to make a burden of myself - but in a worse case senario I'll give you a call.

The fishing comment was based on the lack there of carp you've NOT been catching. Surely anywhere that Mike fishes is bound to produce at least 3 or 4 (hundred) carp per outting! :D :D :D

15. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Yeah Im still deciding weather its cool or a burden LOL. Bet you dont know any other people that can go to the walleye run and catch nothing but 4 to 10lb carp all day with no eyes and mostly hooked in the mouth. :D I finally took carp master off my title though

16. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

hahahaha do i hear a challenge? :D That game is way to addicting :eek: :D

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Fishman,

Hey I can put ya on Smallmouth anytime. When you get sellted in let me know, we'll wade the GMR for smallies. I will guantee fish!-Maybe not ginat smallies but lots of them. We can also hit a certain area of the little miami, lots of dink smallies, as well as snakes! I hate snakes.

18. Welcome to SW Ohio. I'm up here in Middletown and I'm willing to share some of my spots.

19. Guess I will be seeing ya around,I work right accross the river by mareimont.

20. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Man, a job in a fish hatchery sounds like fun!