Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Northern cousins.

I will be heading from Ciny to the Cleveland area over Labor Day and taking my 11yr old to catch a few perch..I am extremely unfamilar with the lake and would love a nice spot that is safe where we can have some success.

Any and all response will be welcomed with open arms.

P.M are also welcome

Thanks Insane out

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
That's a tough one, it's a month away... BUT I have a feeling it's gonna be a GOOD Fall Perch season. They seemed to be kinda schooled up already and eating. In September it won't be hard to find the "Perch Pack", in the Cleveland area you can't go wrong launching (assuming you have a boat) at Edgewater, e 72nd or Wildwood when looking for Fall Perch. Make another post or keep an eye out on the Lake Erie forum as your trip gets closer and you'll get alot better idea of where they are.....

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you head a few miles (ok, maybe 20) to the east of Cleveland, the perch have been caught in good numbers and size out of Fairport Harbor. Most people are using perch spreaders or crappie rigs with emerald shiners, fished on/near the bottom in 40-50 fow. One decent area is due North of the harbor mouth, maybe 2 miles out. You can usually find some perch around that area. I'm headed there myself tomorrow, but plan to fish for walleye.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Iwill keep and eye open when time draws near.

Can't wait to wet the lines for some yummies..

Insane--out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts