close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm looking for a good fly fish tackle shop.

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by Kindlebeard, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Kindlebeard

Kindlebeard OGF Birchbass Champ!!!

I have started tying flys but I am having trouble finding a good place for fly equipment. I hit the Gander Mountian in Twinsburg but they seem to be sold out of alot of stuff. Does anyone know of a good shop in Summit County? I am looking for a place with a good selection of thread and hooks.

2. TMF Fly Shop is in Portage County. GREAT shop. I did a story out there with Frank. They're located on Sandy Lake Rd just West of Prospect Ave. From Akron, take 76 EAST to 44 exit. Head NORTH. Follow Prospect North. When you hit the light at Sandy Lake Rd, turn LEFT. The shop is down about 2/10 of a mile on the RIGHT. They have fly tying classes too and I'm sure they'll have what you need. Tell em the TV 23 camera guy Carl steered you in.

Later,

Carl

3. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

I have to agree with Carl on TMF. Frank is one of the nicest fellows you could do business with. Other good places in NE Ohio are: Rodmakers Shoppe in Strongsville and Grand River Tackle in (duh!) Grand River. There is also a new shop called Chagrin River Ghillies in Gates Mills. I know those 3 aren't in Summit, but if you feel like roaming a bit, you might check them out. I'd be surprised if you can't find what you need at TMF though.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Kindle, I know it far but if you ever get to Columbus there is a shop called Mad River Outfitters. All they do is Fly stuff. It's a fly fishermans dream. It's only 5 minutes from my house if you ever get down here.

5. Kindlebeard

Kindlebeard OGF Birchbass Champ!!!

I will definitely check out TMF. Sounds like what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Worm Drowner I will keep your places on mind in case I'm up at the in-laws and need to get out of the house. :rolleyes:

DaleM stop by mad river and pick some stuff up and send it to me. I'll pay ya back honest. :rolleyes: ;)

6. Does anyone have the phone number for Rodmakers in Strongsville? Or do you know the hours they are open?

Thanks,
    DDay

7. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Rodmaker's Shoppe

(440) 572-0400

Hours

Monday, Thursday, Friday 10 am - 9 pm
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
    Sun.............Gone Fishing!