close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

im in need of 4 suv tires.

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by fish4wall, Mar 30, 2005.

1. fish4wall

fish4wall

0   0   0

i need 4 good p225/75-16
    im in westerville and will drive to pick them up or meet
    half way....
    thanks
    fish4wall

2. 5Cent

5Cent

0   0   0

I got 4 BFG AT KO's 30x9.50x15 great condition, 75-80% tread, rotated routinely, no plugs,patches,sidewall damage, currently on my jeep..$275.....but didn't know if you were considering bigger ones and different wheels...i need bigger :D

3. fish4wall

fish4wall

0   0   0

no nutin bigger...thanks for posting.
    fish4wall

4. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

0   0   0

My son just put 31x10.5x15 Superswamper TSL's on his Jeep yesterday. I'm not sure what the tires were he took off, they are pretty worn, and will be on the curb by Monday.

5. fish4wall

fish4wall

0   0   0

how worn????lol
    thanks
    fish4wall

6. M.Magis

M.Magis

0   0   0

Have you tried looking for used tires at local tire shops? Back in my college days, I would buy $150 tires for $15 a piece. Some were brand new. Worth a look.

7. Onion

Onion

0   0   0

Do yourself a favor and call local tire shops and ask if they have any "take offs" for that size. I know myself and family have saved quite a bit of money by buying them.

They are tires with very little or no wear on them from different sources like dealerships replacing tires an owner did not want, demos etc.. The ones I have bought always had less than 10,000 miles on them and were in the $25-$50/ea price range for tires that retailed for $100+/each.

8. fish4wall

fish4wall

0   0   0

i didnt think of that...thanks guys..
    its hard 3kids house and 2 of the kids i pay support....
    (she cheats and i have to pay)....whats up with that....
    i try that
    thanks
    fish4wall

9. 5Cent

5Cent

0   0   0

Yes, definitely call around. Also, look into retreads. I know many people who run them and they are quality. They've been around for years, mainly semi trailers, but now the technology/market is in the automotive industry.

Heres the link...

http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/

Heres a safety article...

Independent Research Confirms Quality of Retreaded Tyres

"An independent research report carried out by AEA Technology on behalf of the Department of Trade and Industry and the Retread Manufacturers Association (RMA) has produced findings, which are set to boost the image of retreaded tyres for passenger vehicles. The report, which was commissioned to independently gather and consider the facts surrounding retreaded tyres and to provide a first step for the retreading industry to fight for the greater use of retreads, concluded what the RMA already knew - that retreads are high quality products subject to stringent controls and that they are safe, economical and capable of producing performance characteristics not inferior to those of new tyres.

In particular the report concluded that:

There is no technical reason why the handling of retreads should be any different from that of new tyres.The rubber compounds used for retreading are similar to new tyre compounds and there is no basis to assume a change in the tyre's structure during the retreading process. There is also no information anywhere on claims, spurious or otherwise, to suggest that retreads handle any differently to new tyres.
    Because tread pattern design is the main influence on road noise, there are also good reasons for arguing parity between new tyres and retreads in terms of noise levels.
    The report also produced substantial evidence to support the assertion that retreads are absolutely safe. Firstly, the report drew attention to the fact that all retreads by law are now subject to the same type approval tests as new tyres. These involve endurance tests, commonly known as drum tests, which are carried out at the tyre's approved load and speed rating.

AEAT also point out that the use of retreaded tyres is not discriminated against by insurance companies on UK vehicle insurance policies. Bearing in mind the degree of detail used by insurance companies to calculate risk, AEAT concludes that this is good evidence to conclude that retreads provide no safety risk to consumers.

Sheila Ikin, Director of the RMA commented: "We welcome the findings in the report by AEA Technology, which confirm the quality and safety of retreaded tyres. We hope that this evidence will now go some way towards negating once and for all the unjustly negative image sometimes attached to retreads and will encourage more consumers to appreciate the safety, economic and environmental benefits that they offer".

I encourage everyone to look into this further. This is my next choice for my larger tires! Will be more than happy to post pictures, opinion, reviews when the time comes.

10. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

0   0   0

if you go with high tech ask about the green diamond.i had some tires for them they held up just like new.