close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm frozen!

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by CoolWater, Jan 19, 2008.

1. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Well it had been too long so I just had to get out. Hit a non stocker and went 2/2. One fish on a Mepps, one on jig/maggot. Neither fish was impressive in size but it was good to feel the fight of a steelie again. I have a feeling today coulda been a VERY productive day but I just didn't have it in me to battle the elements. I'm curious to see the reports from those that did stick it out today - I bet folks did extremely well.

2. I got out from about 9-1 this morning and got 4. There was a ton of slush in the river. I was luck enough to find a spot where the wind/current was pushing the slush away from where I needed to cast. I had some to contend with but it was ok. I got 3 on jig and maggots, and one on plastics. I only saw a couple other guys all morning.

3. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Big part of why I love winter steelheading. It thins out the herd. I’ve got next Wednesday through Friday off of work and plan on spending time chasing some steel. I hav'nt been out since Christmas (the Flu ran through the whole family) so I’m hoping I can still find some open water on the Rock and that its not completely freeze over by then.