Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was looking to see if you kind gents can fill me in on some current bass behaviors in Ohio. I was born and raised on the banks of the Tusc and I would fish every dang day. Then I got old and got a career, and my job moved me half way around the world to an urban wasteland about 3 years ago. There are no bodies of water holding fish within 300 miles of me. So, I haven't fished in 3 years. :mad:

I'm coming back to Ohio for a wedding, and it will be at Country Cottage and Gardens south of Canton (I couldn't post the link since it's my first post, google "Z Cottage" or "country cottage and gardens"). They have a private pond on site, and I will be exploiting the pond any spare chance I can get during the weekend. As you can see in the photos, the pond is a pretty nice size and they even have canoes for me to use. There is also a photo of a guy with a nice sized cat and bass, too, so I know there are at least those two species in there (the two species I most like to target, too).

My question is, since I live in a desert and don't experience seasons, what are the current bass trends in Ohio? Is it texas rig pink plastic worm time? Rapala time? Slow swim bait time? Frog skippin' time? I *think* I would normally be throwing frogs top water at this time of year, but I can't remember! Obviously, I will keep throwing until I figure it out, just wanted some current tips to get the bass going. Keep in mind, I haven't been back to Ohio so have no clue on what the weather has been doing this summer or what it currently is.

Thank you guys. I've checked these boards every other month or so since I've moved to see what's been goin on in Ohio water.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My all time fav bass lure is the blue w/white stripe bassstopper worm.. Worst part is, it has 3 hooks, so be careful when grabbing that lower jaw! I prefer to grab around the top of the head when using that worm... Reel it slow with some tiny jerks.. Produces for me 90% of the time..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Throwing a a texas rig or wacky worm rigged yum dinger. ( yums version of a cinco that's works 10x better and cheaper. Watermelon color .) Will catch you tons of bass this time of year. Along with buzzbaits and shallow cranks like a storm subwart. If heavily weeded I've had no problem pulling them out on a frog. If your really looking to catch topwater. Buy a livedltarget mouse. They kill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts