close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm Back

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CountryKat, Jan 11, 2005.

1. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Lost power wednesday at 6 pm and just got it back about 4pm today. Allen county is considered a state of emergency due to all the downed trees. I was lucky enough to have a generator left to me by my grandfather that passed away about a month ago. It looks like a war zone around hear. Hope everybody else is OK. Man hope to never goe through this again.

Feels good to be on the comp again.

2. catking

catking Banned

I hear that- CountryKat !! I lost my power for 6 days over Christmas. Wasn't pleasant. Glad to see you back online. Funny, but after day 4 or so, I got kinda used to it :eek: ................ THE CATKING !!!

3. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

The wierdest thing about this is after power was restored. We were used to the 50 - 60 degrees from the electric heater. Well when the power was restored and the furnace got the heat restored to 66 where we normally kept it, the wife, myself and the kids were all too hot. It's on 64 now.

4. Good to have ya back Jim. Better get that house warmed up it looks like it`s gonna get cold this weekend.

Bub

5. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I'm originally from the Lima-Shawnee Cridersville area. My family still lives in the area. All of my family lost power Wednesday night too. My brother got power back Saturday morning and my partents got power back early Sunday morning. Luckily they all had fireplaces. My mom said the all trees she had trimmed and maintained in her yard were all lost and not 1 was taller than the house anymore.

She said they had about 3 inches of ice and the woods behind their house sounded like gun shots from all of the trees breaking and falling. It's been a crazy winter.