Ohio Game Fishing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Chubmaster
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I fished with my grandpa at a farm pond in perry township.
The landowner gave us permission, but had never gave it to anyone else.
We caught several large bass, 5 of which with snells in their mouths.
Someone must have been trespassing at the pond...

·
Registered
499 Posts
I see this is your first post on the forum. Welcome to the site. I have to ask though, are you posting this because you think it may be someone on this site or because you just want to inform us that someone is illegally fishing an unkonwn pond on an unknown unidentified farm in Perry townshiip? Did you ask the land owner if maybe he had recently or in the past fished his pond and could be the cause for the hooks you found?

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Recently I fished with my grandpa at a farm pond in perry township.
The landowner gave us permission, but had never gave it to anyone else.
We caught several large bass, 5 of which with snells in their mouths.
Someone must have been trespassing at the pond...
I would bring it to the attention of the landowner and let him take it from there.

P.S. I didn't think you were insinuating that OGFers were into trespassing.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gavinswildlife, welcome to the site. City Fisher, give him a break. Maybe he is just venting out of frustration. There were NO insinuations made at all towards anyone on this site and you know what they say about opinions..

·
Chubmaster
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No one EVER fished the pond legally except for us. I Simply found it funny and frustrating that i go to a rural pond, on private property, not visible from the road, surrounded by cattails, and only accesible by driving through a field, and someone already found my fishing spot.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
It was me... I admit it.

welcome to ogf.

Sent from my MB855 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Ha ha, that didn't take long.

Gavinswildlife, honestly, with google earth/maps they're really isn't a secret place to fish anymore. Anyone could have been looking in the at and found the place. That being said, tell the owner because of the fishing is good, they are likely to come back!

Exactly now fast away from the road or neighbors goose is the pond? Measure "as the crow flies" because they could have walked in.... Just a thought...

Lastly, unless you are blaming someone from this sought toy may want to clarify that problem before this thread goes south for you.

Mr. A

·
Just practicing my cast
4,711 Posts
I fish it all the time, and tell all my friends about it. :D:D

·
Banned
809 Posts
Ok, ok, ok, all jokes set aside. Everyone one of us were green here at one time. Some of us more than once, and some of us are still new. There was nothing in his post accusing an ogf member of anything. He probably searched through some threads, and by following your examples he probably thought this was a great way to get started with a bang...

Sent from my MB855 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
fishing from a kayak
882 Posts
No one EVER fished the pond legally except for us. I Simply found it funny and frustrating that i go to a rural pond, on private property, not visible from the road, surrounded by cattails, and only accesible by driving through a field, and someone already found my fishing spot.
Google Earth.
You should check it out. I hear its amazing.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Actually...... its somebody else's spot.. the land owners. he is just letting you use it.... ever thought maybe he is the one fishing....... just an idea

·
Registered
986 Posts
Google earth, its a trespassers best friend.

Also a pretty good tool for legal spots on rivers and whatnot, lol.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Who is fishing for bass with snelled hooks lol? I wonder how many broke off before they changed it up

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
530 Posts
Who is fishing for bass with snelled hooks lol? I wonder how many broke off before they changed it up

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
This was my thought. And to catch five seems odd. Not doubting the Op, its just strange.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
OK, ok. Welcome here Gavinswildlife. I would LOVE to honestly tell you that when I was much younger and in the military that upon any given moonless night I would never trespass and loot almost every pond, lake and body of water including some water hazards on some rather expensive local golf courses of every keeper bluegill I could catch. But I`ll be (sort of) `honest` and admit it. Wouldn`t keep bass and would limit my visits to exactly 60 minutes and literally did a stealth approach and exit; would even carefully fluff the grass back up exiting for a distance if necessary and except for the many empty holes in the water where those bluegills previously were, was always very careful to never be seen and left no trace...also used to "splash" fish attractors without "official" permission into a reservoir very near me in the "wee" hrs using rain, fog, or snow as cover because it degrades the effectiveness of various electro-optical viewing devices...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Exactly my thinking Jonny. It reads like he is insinuating that it may have been some one on this forum. Either way, it was a very poor post for a brand new memeber, IMO.
?????....what the hell is wrong with some of you guys??!!!.....nowhere in the OP's post does it have the slightest hint of that.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
?????....what the hell is wrong with some of you guys??!!!.....nowhere in the OP's post does it have the slightest hint of that.
Amen. Did anyone check his profile to see that he was a student? Fishing with Grandpa? Would you all have jumped to all these conclusions if it was worded differently? Maybe he has never been on a fishing forum. Welcome to the mayhem.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.