Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing well lately at Alum catching Saugeyes; however, I have been struggling finding the bass mainly Smallies.

I'll PM you everything you need for eyes (I've caught em the past 2 weeks fishing 5 days a week) in exchange for bass depths and or presentation.

I know a lot of guys target the eyes and find bass so maybe we can swap info for mutual benefit.

Thanks and I'll be on the lake tonight.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am going to give Alum a try soon for Saugeye, maybe you can point me in the right direction? 1st let me offer up the smally tips I do know.
Clear water dark (black) bait, I like rooster tails in ultra clear water. Depth for these can vary, but I like to keep them within a foot of the surface. My second choice would be swimming jig heads with twisters. I like to fish the clear water so I use black jigs with pumpkin or brown twisters usually 1" or 2". Jigs casted into structure work very well too. I use power grubs and when the water is stained I'll use white or yellow. Rebel Craws are great crankbaits, only one I've had real success with. Shallow or deep both work equally well. 1 thing with smallmouth I like to always remember is "Less is More". Downsize my baits depending on water clarity- clear water, small dark baits. Stained water- larger brighter baits.
Hope this helps.
KG

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
bronzeovergold, I don't know if anyone has said it yet...but welcome to OGF. Great thread. Keep your "honey holes" but share some info. This site is basically about info!

bethel caller, thanks.... And welcome to OGF also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts