close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IL Gills

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sowbelly101, Sep 30, 2004.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

anyone else notice external sores on the gills at IL this year. we caught a few yesterday that all looked like they had some sort of virus with open sores on the outside. sores were located all over the fish from the mouth to the tail. did talk to a fella and he said that alot of the locals were complaining about the fish having sores all over them too. none of the crappies that were caught had any marks on them...

was a cold, windy, drizzly day yesterday, with few fish caught. highlight was dc's battle with a 15lb carp on 4lb test, 6ft avid ul rigged with a whirley bee... the fish pulled us down the channel about 50 yrds before i decided to help him out with the net... tried to get a picture but he refused, hehe... matt there is a carp outing at alum in a few weeks, you planning on going?? :D maybe dave should go out and get some tips...

later
    sowbelly

2. I think I'll pass on that one. I need to work on my crappie game. I can't sit back and let you catch them all.

3. They are parisites. Ive seen them on many fish, Dirty or clean water. Nothing to worry about.