close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IL Crappie Tournaments

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sowbelly101, Sep 7, 2004.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

Just got word that Mike's Bait & Tackle at Indian Lake is going to start his fall Saturday Crappie tournaments starting on Saturday September 26 and probally run through November. I'll try to get more info on this or he can be contacted at.

Time to pray for frost.

Mike's Bait and Tackle Crappie Tournament
    Mike Powell
    13708 SR 235 N
    Lakeview, Oh. 43331
    (937) 843-2261

Sowbelly

2. Give us more info when you get it!

Thanks!

Randy

3. sowbelly101

20 bucks a team, one man team still 20 bucks
    5 bucks optional big fish pot
    fishing times are 8am-2pm
    10 biggest fish alive
    weigh in 2-3pm
    can fish from boat or shore
    registration begins at 6:30
    must follow state fishing laws. live bait or artificial.

tourneys start on sept 25, and will run through all of october. if weather is decent he will have them into november.

payout will depend on number of teams.

let me know if ya need anyone wants anymore info.. ill do my best to get it

sowbelly

4. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Do you know how many places they pay out? Thanks

5. sowbelly101

dont know now, but ill find out..

6. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Sowbelly,
    Do you know if the "check-in" will be at the bait shop or at one of the boat ramps? Just wondering since it is open to bank and boat fisherman. What are the chances of any of the entrants that are not confined to a boat, going elsewhere (other than IL) for their limit and making it back before check-in? Not that the people in a boat couldn't cheat. Not trying to offend anyone, but have been to bass tourneys before where people were accused of catching fish before the tournament, hiding them somewhere (in a basket or something) and getting them during the tournament. All that comes from that is a huge fight and a few less $$$ at the next tournament. There was a tourney at CJ Brown earlier this year where were just checking out the weigh in to see how everyone had done and the guys were telling us that they had to make a person leave because he wouldn't let them check his livewells!!!! I would hope that everyone would keep it honest, this sounds like a lot of fun and would hate to see it ruined.

7. sowbelly101

well i cant speak for mike so i would recommend talking about it to him. i completely understand what your saying because i have heard the same thing happen before in bass and other crappie tournements.

your best bet is to call him and ask him what his plan of attack is on all the what if's. he has fished alot of panfish tourneys in the past so i know he knows all the crap that can go on. give him a call at the shop and im sure he would be more then glad to explain his take on the issues. tell him i said to call, but if he tells you anything about me, dont listen unless its good stuff... :D . jk, i think his purpose is to bring anglers together and maybe help each other out, he has provided tremendous amounts of info for my dad and i and has helped make our trips more productive....

sowbelly