close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If you won the lottery, what would be...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AndroDoug, Jul 29, 2005.

1. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

...the first lavish toy you'd buy for yourself? Or the first thing you would do?

I know this thread will go places! Who hasn't dreamt of that scenario EVERYDAY??

What got me thinking about this is I was looking up new General Lee pics for my avatar and ran across a sight dedicated to pictures and information about the 17 remaining original 1969 426 Hemi Dodge Chargers used in the show. You know it would take a CHUNK of change to pry one away from it's owner! I think I would go after one if the amount of money I won was sufficiently enough to throw it at stuff like that.

This is, of course, after I took care of the usual stuff... pay bills, buy houses/property, pay family's bills, etc etc.

Have fun dreaming guys....

2. I Would Donate A Lot Of Money To The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

I;d Hope It Might Help Some Of The Kids Who Have It To Live A Better Life..

Then I Would Buy My Sister A New Car An House.shes Done Everything For Me But Breathe.

Then I;d Buy A Bigger Boat And House To Store All That More Hunting An Fishing I Would Have..

3. peon

peon account delete

first id buy a bass pro shop!!!! :D :D am i greedy or what????

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I'd start a fishing website. :confused:
    No telling, probably buy a house with a view on a prime fishing lake somewhere. Have one of those covered garages to keep my boat in.
    Do some traveling too. To India, get in some training from the monks.
    Maybe set up a trust to help some needy people...like a soup kitchen and shelters.

5. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I think the first thing I would do is pay for some place to lock me up for a while so that I could quit smokeing ! :D And also , so I wouldnt spend it all in a week . :D I would donate alot of it to a childrens hospital or something to make me feel better about myself also . :)

6. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

would pay off every thing i own....i would love to say that i a debt free...then i'd take a good long vacation to think about it all

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I would pay off everything i own then give it away to those who need it. House and all. And if were talking big big lotto. Then you guys could all come visit me at my bar/fishing chart in keywest and my ocean front house we could take out the HUGE fishing boat or the GIANT cigar boat. And if iam not there i will be fishing in some remote part of the world.

8. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

All Bills go first, Then Id start a Major website & service of my own, Invest it & Buy a Harley 3 wheel Custom Trike. Then Road trip America Fishing Every Great River & Lake. At the same time I would be Hunting All the Animals I have ever wanted to hunt & never got to yet. :D
    Cat Mazter

BTW: Id Take us all on here on a Big Fishing Trip where ever we decided to go. :D :B

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I would by land along the scioto river, and lots of it!

10. I would become the manager of "Sindust",and be down with all the groupies.Then I would buy WP,F4F,and Rnf all Ranger Z-22's,then (if it was the mega-ball as high as it was recently)I would buy Tom Brady for the Browns,and Hines Ward from the Steelers,so I could sit his cry baby ass on the bench every game where he belongs.If there was any money left over,I would donate it to OGF,so they could stock up on more OGF gear for all the members.For myself,if I had enough money left over,a carton of cigs,12 pack of Corona,and a nice lawnchair so I could kick back and enjoy the day.

11. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I heard a guy on the radio who did win a lottery say he was taking half of it and spend it on wine & women, and then he was going to take the other half & spend it foolishly !!

12. Yea, I would pay off ALL my bills, and I would buy a lot of new toys……

But, The best thing winning the lottery would buy me is……

5 days of hassle free fishing each and every week!

*** My wife has already agreed to this arrangement

13. First thing would be buy my mom a house/car, second is put my sister through college. Then Id go back to college and get a Phd. Id then pay my house off and buy a new one down south and fish here in Ohio in the summer and down south in the winter :) Oh yeah and Id want a 25 acre lake stocked with all the feesh I can throw in there.

14. buy an a frame house on dale hallow............buy a ride with the blue angels sweet ;)

15. Ok in this story I won the BIG one (around $250-$300 million, you get me). I would buy a nice 6 bedroom house with around 100 acres of land. I would have a huge pond built and stock it with whatever I wished and it would be C&R only. I would buy two Harleys (mine either Fatboy or V-Rod), two nice trucks with long beds and enough power to pull a camper and Harley in bed, and other would pull boat and Harley in bed. All this bought with the money also. I could drive anywhere then and camp and have the boat and the bikes to do as I please where ever I please lol. All bills would be paid of course and I would buy myself, girl, and both kids the fattest gaming computers to date and my kids would have a car each and be in college (when they get that age). Although I would buy the cars now and set them both in a garage and never drive them, but rather let their value go up and then they would get it at age 25. I would get them a new car at sixteen. I wouldn't want them driving the old cars until they got the driving experience they needed first. I would maybe have two boats though. One for the whole family and my personnal little monster :D :D . Maybe start my own business as a hobby. Maybe breeding and selling snakes. But mainly as just a hobby.

16. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Following R&R's lead, if I won that kind of money, I'd first figure how how much to give the family, how much to give to charity, and what part of a warmer climate I'd want to live in. then I'd work on my captain's license so I could pilot the big sportfisher I'd buy to chase all kinds of critters in the ocean. Luxury condo somehwre on the water, so all I'd have zero worries house-wise.

I could easily do that, easily. Spend most days on the water, even if only at the dock.

17. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

I would give my kids my house and some money and then the hubby and I would be gone traveling. I would fish all summer and ski all winter......and of course I would buy lots of land and build a huge house with a huge lake. My perfect house would sit so far from the road, that you would have to drive a car to get the mail. And of course I'd send the whole family on a nice vacation. If there was any monies left, I guess I would invest some for retirement.....

18. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i'd have to start out by paying off my bills then i'd make sure that my kids and family were set for life. after that i'd build several new homes in the different places i've been over the years.outer banks,the keys,colorado,ontario.a home and some acerage out west would probably be first on that list.
    after that i think it's be great to be able to help out whoever i could.charities,etc.(our local fire dept sure wouldn't be operating short handed anymore!)
    but till that happens i'll just keep on enjoying what i've got because when it comes down to it,i've got all i need right now!

19. 1. Pay off bills and quit work.
    2. See to it my parents and grandparents are set for life.
    3. See to it my wife and I are set for life.
    4. Help out a few friends and family.
    5. Buy a bunch of land, a few houses, and a few more boats.
    6. Figure out if I can possibly bore myself by fishing too much :)

20. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'd buy a bunch of land in Southeast Ohio along the river if possible, build a 3-4bedroom log cabin on the land, hire Flathunter & his family to watch & tend the land, then also buy some land in upper Minnesota on a lake, build a large log cabin. I'd split my time between the two. I'd build an extra couple log homes for my parents & live off the intrest from the rest of my money. I guess I'd also hook a palce up for Bubbahunter, something along the lines of a a cottage on some really good waterfowl lake. What good is the money of you ont spend some of it on your friends?